Hi,
I've got a problem with bright corners on negatives and I'd like to find out what's causing it. I'm pretty sure, but not absolutely certain that there should've been no direct sunlight falling on the lens taking any of these pictures, and especially the third one I clearly recall the sun being behind the camera. Here are links to the pictures.
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
I actually took two nearly identical pictures like the third one, the second with filtration, and both show the same pattern or bright corners, the top right corner being especially bright. Also the whole right edge in #1 and #2 is clearly brighter. I'd like to know whether this is just bad shading or something else. If it should likely be bad shading, the lens has to be real picky.
It's a Schneider-Kreuznach Tele-Xenar 1:5,5 270mm objective with a compur shutter. I checked the lens serial on the manufacturer's website and it's from the '50s and has a red triangle on it, which I was told means coated lenses. With all of the images above, unlike with vignetting, I couldn't see the effect on ground glass, but maybe I just wasn't looking carefully enough. The deal I've got with the very kind guy I purchased two objectives from was that he knew one of the six I chose from had some kind of problem, but he couldn't recall which it was and could it be fixed. So can this lens be fixed and for about how much? The deal went that I'd be able to change the objectives for the others he had, if there were problems. I'd be able to change this for a Tele-Xenar 5,5/360mm for little extra cost.Thanks a bunch for all answers!