Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: film larger than5x7

film larger than5x7

FP4 size 8 x 10, 7 x 17, & 8 x 20. Definitely like the prices buying from photowarehouse!!!

film larger than5x7

Is Polaroid part of this conversation? If it is, I'm also interested in the continued production of 8x10" Polaroid materials, and there has been a contingent here for a while that would like to see Type 55 in 8x10".

David Schaller

film larger than5x7

hp5 and fp4 in 8x10!
    Also Fuji Acros in 4x5 and 8x10 would be great.
    Dave

film larger than5x7

Diane,

I'm not the only one who was there speaking out, but I think I used the strongest language, simply because I feel that the film producers really need to actually listen to us, or else their sales to LF and ULF photographers will dry up completely as we are forced to find other sources for our film. We will also take our 'normal' format purchases elsewhere at the same time.

If I have to find another film for my 10x12, I'm going to switch my 7x17 and the 4x5 over also, so my current supplier will lose my 'normal' film purchases as well. If Ilford no longer offers master rolls for sale, I will not purchase any more Ilford film products. I switched to Ilford about 5 years ago from Kodak when I could not get 12x20 TXP from Kodak. After a year of waiting, I gave up on Kodak and went to Ilford. Since then I have not purchased a box of Kodak film.

I don't do this because of spite, I do this to be practical about knowing and using a single film emulsion.

If Kodak and Ilford don't want our business, then we will be forced to take it elsewhere, but they had better be prepared for the inevitable continuation in the erosion of film sales as their previously loyal customers leave them for a more willing vendor.

---Michael

film larger than5x7

With my contacts I have found someone internally at Kodak that I just had a lengthy conversation with that is willling to investigate the interest and run the master roll scenario up the flag pole with the correct personal at Kodak using Photowarehouse and J&C as potential counterparties. Anyone else set up to purchase, receive and cut master rolls that should be included in this part of the investigative process?

Will keep you apprised of the status as it progresses. As I suspected, the manager I was speaking to indicated that he felt (as I suspected) that Kodak is not interested in the logistics of attempting to cut numerous film sizes "to order". But the Master Roll concept could have potential if the issues of getting it to the buyers location could be worked through. To assume that because Ilford does it Kodak can do it is not necessarily the case. We shall see shortly.

Cheers!

film larger than5x7

The large format manufacturers and dealers should be strong advocates for the large format community. (2) There is no reason Ilford or Kodak couldn't do it but it is clear that the best solution going forward is for Ilford and Kodak to supply repackaging partners (like Photo Warehouse) with stock rolls. Tri-X, Plus-X, TMax 100, TMax 400, FP4 and HP5 would do it. Delta 100, so much the better. Ilford and Kodak would be saved much in the way of packaging and marketing costs, the considerable expense of keeping certain SKUs "in catalog" and so on. I hope this can be worked out and, again, let's hear from the major large format pjhoto dealers. Thanks.

film larger than5x7

5x7, 8x10, 7x17, and 12x20 HP5-Plus are my mainstays. TMY or Tri-X would work too. I have not been happy with some of the other film options coming out of Europe. I've encountered unacceptable batch to batch variation and the materials are much less physically robust than Ilford and Kodak products, a major problem for development of large film sheets. The idea of keeping long rolls available for a *reliable* recutter is sound if one can be found.

film larger than5x7

I would like to see TMY in 7x17.

film larger than5x7

Film, Film

How much are you willing to pay, most of the talk I need this or I need that. Well Freestyle has been trying to get a big film order of TriX in at Kodak. I said OK, all I keep hearing is to much money. Big film is not going to be cheap....also Kodak has minimum order amounts we/you need to meet those minimums...

11x14 10 sheet 90.00
    8x20 10 sheet 94.00
    12x20 25 sheet 348.00
    7z17 10 sheet 75.00

Please check with John Richardson at Freestyle as to order times and dates. CASH up FRONT
    If you want TriX now is the time to get it. 323-660-3460

If you want to talk to me about the order contact me at Freestyle Advisory board member
    Jan Pietrzak

ps I plan on getting 500 sheets of 11x14 if not more

film larger than5x7

8x10 Arista 400, keep it coming and keep it cheap. I think you talk with Ilford regarding Arista films.