Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jobo 12x20 sheet film inserts

jobo 12x20 sheet film inserts

The only point that I would add to the preceding discussionis that I would look hard at the ATL series of processors as opposed to the CPA/CPP (the CPE cannot handle the expert drums). To the extent that totally accurate and replicable timing is part of sustaining the best development the ATL series machines are the answer. Of course, if you are intent on buying new, the initialoutlay is much much larger than that for the CPP. OTOH, in the used market they fetch only a small fraction of their new price. With a bit of patience and a good equipment broker working with you it is not hard to find an ATL 2200 or 2300 for 1500 to 2500 in top flight condition. I have used the CPP, the ATL 1000/1500 and now run an ATL 2300 and the differences, both in terms of how finely I can tune my processing programs and in convenience, area considerable.

thanks everyone. michael-i think it would be very helpful for me to 'understand' those inserts. if you can send a few images and specs that would be great. jorge-how does that work? how will the film stay in place if it is separated from the drum wall? is it the same screen that is used on the calumet drying frames? mr. packer-what are your experiences with that insert? could you please send me the images of mr. kiegelands construction? it looks like a promising solution. ted- i was thinking of getting an atl but i will first check if rotary processing works for me. also, as i live in manhattan, space is limited.

I use the Jobo system for 12x20 and 7x17.

As described.... the insert is a clear plastic sheet, with bumps and then little buttons on top of the bumps. The pattern of the bumps/buttons surrounds your sheet of film. The bumps/buttons pattern is longer then your film by 1-2 inches. This is to account for the curl of the sheet and the film when you place it within the drum.

This is an item that Jobo Service will be able to make for you last I heard.

This system works with Rollo Pyro and with PMK and non-stainging delvelopers... I havent used PyrocatHD but I do not see a reason why it wouldn't. As for C-41 I have not ideas.

Steve

You can still get these items form Jobo and are still listed. Go here for current info from Jobo for film inserts up to 16x20:

http://www.jobo-usa.com/products/atl2200.htm

Apparently they are still special order as Oren and Michael have said.

Mike
    “You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?”

Christopher:

I will be out of pocket for a while and will get those specs and the pics of the insert for you when I return.

Cheers!