Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Readyload conventional B&W

Readyload conventional B&W

Back when Kodak switched from the double sheet readyload packet to the current single sheet system, they weren't even going to continue to offer TMX in readyloads.

Only a prolonged outcry from the users of TMX in readyloads made them reconsider. I spent months calling them patiently, once per week, asking them about it. In the end, I ended up being a beta tester for the single sheet packets. When they asked me about other films to offer in readyloads, I told them Tri-X and TMY.

So, Brian - how many times have you called or written to Kodak asking about higher speed film in Readyloads?

Give them a call. 1-800-242-2424.

Don't know about Brian, but I've called, written letters, talked to the local district rep. and his boss. About 20 contacts in all. But it gets old and tired after a while when you keep getting different stories but it all comes down to them saying no. I even offered to make a special order and buy lots of sheets (20,000 was the number in play) but in the end they refused to fulfil the order (they aren't dumb - they knew I was going to have to resell a big chunk of that order - and even if I was willing to take the risk, they didn't want me giving competition to dealers that didn't have the product).

Sigh... you can lead a horse to water....

Bruce Watson

Just push the TMax 100 a couple of stops...

I love it when people, including me, dump on Kodak thinking. I am convinced they are trying to go out of business. It is also evident to me that there are nothing but bean counters left at Kodak. Anyday, I expect to hear Kodak has sold the entire photography division. Locally, Kodak is taking out their one hour labs left and right after installing them to compete with their own processing labs. Now they are taking them out to save their own processing labs!
    Lab quality has gone to hell and mistakes are common, material lost or temporarily lost, slide processing went from two days to 7 for E6, Kodachrome takes God knows how long now! Overall consistency is shot, dust spots, hairs, crud, bent up photos, negs crammed into the envelopes, sometimes bent, forgetting to make the CD, enlargements all bent up, printing blank negatives and charging for them, failure to make doubles or triples necessitating reorder or re-dos, etc. etc..

On the positive side, Kodak is, at least, still making 5x7 and 8x10 films. But, I doubt they would be offering it if Ilford and others were not competing. On the negative side I would not want to own any Kodak stock.

Does anyone else want to dump on Kodak?