Thread: Looking For Ideas on Converting a Vageeswari Camera to Accept Standard Tripod

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Looking For Ideas on Converting a Vageeswari Camera to Accept Standard Tripod

Well, this 10x12 Vageeswari was one of my first cameras that I bought, other than cheap converted cameras. I have not been a fan of the original tripod and mounting system. Although it looked nice, it was not the most sturdy. I posted this thread a long time ago and since then I have used my other cameras and this one kind of just stayed in the closet other than a time or two where I used it to make 8x10 Ambrotypes.

I finally got around last week to looking again to figure out a solution for mounting a better tripod on it. I talked to a guy on instagram who showed me one of his cameras that he converted over. He used a two part aluminum piece that was pretty nice. I went with a very similar design but chose to machine it and use one solid piece of aluminum. I am very please with the way it turned out.

Wanted to come back to this thread here so I could update it with some photos in case someone else was looking for solutions on something similar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5663.jpg   IMG_5662.jpg   IMG_5555.jpg   Vageeswari.jpg