Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weston "Euro" meter

Weston "Euro" meter

I have two master V meters. One I bought back in 1973 and the other I bought on E-prey for $26.00 (new old stock in the box). The first meter, I've used over the years and was starting to get off in it's readings. I used to leave it in the unlocked position, but stopped doing that because I figured that when the case is closed that the case was pressing in on the button anyway and was holding it unlocked. (kinda like the refridge light going out when the door is closed.... no way to really check that). I had hoped that the second meter would be good, but the cell in it was weaker than the one I already had. So, I sent them both to Q.L.M. with instructions to replace the cells, check the needle balance and calibrate them to both read the same. I got them back on monday and they are perfect! My neighbors think I'm crazy, walking around metering everything twice. The cost per meter was $66.00 ea. I think that is a good price to pay for a quality built meter.

dee

Weston "Euro" meter

Bill and Dee:

For those who have never had the pleasure of having a meter repaired correctly, can you share the address of Q.L.M.?

Muchas Whatsis.

Weston "Euro" meter

Quality Light Metric,
    7095 Hollywood Blvd.,
    Hollywood, Calif.,

Phone.. 323-467-2265

dee

Weston "Euro" meter

Thank you, kindly, Dee.

Weston "Euro" meter

I stumbled on this site whilst trawling about exposuire meters, I have been lecturing on photography for over 40 years now, these days I use a Minolta spot meter, but I went out to my shed and dragged out my old beloved Weston V meter - which I have neglected for at least 15 years, opened the flaps on the case and took a reading....absolutely perfect!! It works as good as ever. I "cut my teeth" on Weston meters of varying models and remember with deep reverence as one of the very few devices in my life that never let me down. By the way, you learned more about photographic exposure by using the weston than you will learn by using today's meters. The cell by the way was a selinium cell and was termed "Photovoltaic"....a solar cell....Bob

Question Re: Weston "Euro" meter

This is my first post. Back in 1965 I had a Weston Master V meter which was subsequently acquired by some unknown soul. It was a good meter of metal construction but I didn't have it long enough to prove it's mettle. I would like to get (at long last) another Weston Master and wonder what model would be a good meter, what issues concern Westons, and whatever else that come to mind about them. I am familiar with the Sekonic L28C2 selenium meter so I know a little bit about the type but can hardly remember much about my purloined Master V. Would a Master VI be better? Why or not? Noticed that the invercone of the V is now a large cone on the VI, but what about the structural differences. I liked that metal construction and the large dials (easy to read). I use these meters mostly outdoors ("in plein air") for incident readings. Any ideas from the old hands? ...is this meter an ecco drive?