Hi Everyone,

So, I bought some Porta 160VC on the 'bay a few weeks ago. Expired in 2009, supposedly cold-stored. I used my ReadyLoad holder and shot 2 frames while on a photo outing. Or so I thought. I just received the films back and they look unexposed. I thought I followed the Kodak instructions - insert into holder, pull back on handle, expose, reinsert, remove. With the blank frames, I see a couple potential causes to these problems:

1) I didn't expose the frame / didn't trip the shutter (believe I double checked shutter with lens closed in field; shutter won't fire if lens is closed)

2) Somehow the Kodak 'dark slide' was in place and didn't slide back?

3) The seller somehow put in bad film in the ReadyLoad holders and amazingly replaced the broken factory seal with an identical yellow Kodak seal (film was brand new but out of date)

I think it must be 1) or 2), but am not sure how I blew 2 frames, with probably the same mistake on each. My ReadyLoad holder has "Kodak" in read and "Professional" in grey up top and "Readyload" in grey further down with a copyright date of 1996.

Any input or feedback is most welcome. I really thought I would be judging to see how expired the film is, and how much I like 160VC, but not just yet, apparently...

-Brandon