Well I have the color photos finished.

Just a few notes on them. These were taken handheld and rather quickly, they weren't set on a tripod and framed as well as the IR photos. Also, there will be some differences in the field of view and rendering as I was using different focal lengths with the IR shots and I am stuck with one focal length on this camera 30mm. Lastly, the internet doesn't display full colors and tonal ranges compared to what you would see in Photoshop for example, so the images look better on my calibrated screen using in Photoshop than they will here on the web.

With that out of the way, here are the photos. These were taken on a Sigma DM2 Merrill, an APS-C size sensor camera. The Merrill uses a different type of sensor compared to others, called a Foveon sensor, which is three separate sensors stacked on top of eachother with each sensor responsible for each primary color. Because of this there is no interpolation like in other cameras and the detail captured is comparable with a high dollar medium format digital camera. It is one of my favorite cameras.

It is interesting to see the difference between the two types of images. The IR photos pick up a some different light compared to the color photos, so things like the leaves and grasses "glow" more than in normal light. I really like color, but there is a place for B&W. Its hard for me to make a judgment on which I like better.

RMNP 3 Dec 2016 DP2 3 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 3 Dec 2016 DP2 4 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 3 Dec 2016 DP2 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 3 Dec 2016 DP2 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr