Thread: Induro, Feisol and Benro Tripods

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Induro, Feisol and Benro Tripods

I'm looking at these tripods to carry an LF camera. Went back and read some of the older threads, and unfortunately, a lot of the models people recommended seem to be no longer in production. Haven't seen a lot of direct comparisons across all three at once, either. From what I've gleaned, the common-consensus hierarchy is Feisol>Induro>Benro. Is this accurate?

I'm looking for a strong, flat-topped tripod with a max height of around 5 1/2 feet. Preferably with a weight of under 8 pounds. Pointed feet if possible, for maximum traction in winter or soft ground. Durable, if possible. I'm concerned about durability especially; I want to make to squeeze the maximum value out of a tripod purchase. Very open to aluminum, if the weight helps stability and cost.

Not sure if I want a new tripod though. Would be willing to buy used. Just curious what my options are for these brands of modern tripods, as the various weights and bulk of some nice, sturdy, older Bogen/Manfrotto & Gitzo's don't seem to lend themselves to extreme portability.

Has anyone here possessed each these brands? Currently I am eyeing the FEISOL Tournament Tripod CT-3342. Although shorter than I want, it fits into my budget of 2-3 months from now in savings and belt-tightening.
    Last edited by senderoaburrido; 25-Oct-2016 at 11:34.