Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Epson 2880 died; suggest a replacement?

Re: Epson 2880 died; suggest a replacement?

Peter, good to know; I briefly looked at the P800 with a sales clerk who was only working the control panel and who told me most of the printing commands go through the panel instead of the computer software.
    I ended up getting the 4880 because it's the lowest-cost option right now, not necessarily the option I'd have chosen if my wallet were a little thicker.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    I've run a 4880 pretty heavily over the last few years - it will clog no matter what you do, but keep an eye on it & run a clean cycle if it does. Back in May I ran it nearly continuously for a week & it still clogged now & then - nothing a clean cycle wouldn't fix though. It can be a very frustrating machine to get sheet baryta paper into - use 17" rolls if you value your sanity.

Otherwise it's pretty competent.
    If You're interested, Calumet have another set of their open days coming up. Yet to get the full briefing/exhibitor list, but as far as I know Hugh will be there from Epson. He should have the P600 and P800 there.

Yet to find out if we'll have the big ImagePROGRAF PRO-1000.

Glasgow Calumet is the 19th of October, and Edinburgh on the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by DKirk View Post
    If You're interested, Calumet have another set of their open days coming up. Yet to get the full briefing/exhibitor list, but as far as I know Hugh will be there from Epson. He should have the P600 and P800 there.

Yet to find out if we'll have the big ImagePROGRAF PRO-1000.

Glasgow Calumet is the 19th of October, and Edinburgh on the 20th.
    Cheers - I'm on the mailing list for them anyway, though am more interested in the PRO-4000 - looked at buying a PRO-1000, but it's a bit small for what I need these days.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    Cheers - I'm on the mailing list for them anyway, though am more interested in the PRO-4000 - looked at buying a PRO-1000, but it's a bit small for what I need these days.
    Ah - think that's something that's more of a Photography Show product rather than the roadshows (I just do the CiG products rather than the BiG - Consumer Imaging Group/Business Imaging Group). If you give me your email via PM, I can pass it on to one of the BiG team who may be able to give you some further information, over and above whats on the product page.