Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

From one Briano/Bryan to another... Amen brother!

Interesting. So what's important here is selling, not exchanging ideas and helping each other. What a pack of <insert the insult that will hurt you the most>.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Interesting. So what's important here is selling, not exchanging ideas and helping each other. What a pack of <insert the insult that will hurt you the most>.
    Dan, isn't selling and buying helping each other? Isn't free commenting on FS objects exchanging ideas? You argumentation ad absurdum doesn't work.

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

It is good that nobody accepts my opinion. I would shitcan the free FS section. Outsource to a pay as you go thing. It works for the Leica forum.

There was a time before the gross over Moderation when buying/selling here was easy, friendly and benefited all. Sure we had warnings if the seller was misleading, and some would point out the real bargains, that's what Forums are about. .

Now we have moderators making snide remarks in almost all their replies you know who you are as only you do it, no name needed, but it's highly offensive and totally against the ethos of this forum.

Lets get back to being helpful, friendly etc, if that Moderator doesn't like it he should leave moderation to others.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Pfsor View Post
    Dan, isn't selling and buying helping each other? Isn't free commenting on FS objects exchanging ideas? You argumentation ad absurdum doesn't work.
    Wrong. When I sell photographic equipment, I sell it to benefit me, not the buyer. You're defending bad behavior. It must please you.

As for commenting on FS items, I've been doing it in the main forums.

Wrong. When I sell photographic equipment, I sell it to benefit me, not the buyer. You're defending bad behavior. It must please you.

As for commenting on FS items, I've been doing it in the main forums.
    Wrong again, Dan. When you sell something, the buyer benefits from it also, otherwise he would not buy it. Stop being self-righteous - ad absurdum. And commenting should be done where the flow is , not on the other side of the village.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfsor View Post
    Wrong again, Dan. When you sell something, the buyer benefits from it also, otherwise he would not buy it. Stop being self-righteous - ad absurdum. And commenting should be done where the flow is , not on the other side of the village.
    Thanks for crediting me with good motives. You're mistaken. I offer gear for sale when I think that selling it will be good for me. I understand that buyers buy when buying will improve their situations, but I don't offer for items for sale out of concern for buyers welfare. I'm entirely selfish.

If you seriously think that the for sale forum is intended for exchange of information, you're unhinged. The for sale forum provides a venue for people who want to move equipment. The other forums are for serious discussions about equipment and technique.

Dan Fromm is honest, clear-headed, a good Capitalist.

His arrogance and aggressive posture is a bit disappointing. So...

I am financially fit for the rest of my life. Maybe I'll dump a huge lot of gear here for peanuts. One purchaser per item. Of course, Dan cannot purchase.

In the future, in order to counter innuendo, I will ask Dan to post images supporting his assertions or bedamned.