Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

Re: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

Just sold my 90mm which I bought for $200 dollars, for $200 dollars. 100% of it's value retained. Would anyone like to admit when they're wrong yet?

Just sold my Travelwide on eBay for $550.00. That would be 500% of it's original value. Hope certain commenters are enjoying their general state of wrongness. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sperdynamite View Post
    Just sold my Travelwide on eBay for $550.00. That would be 500% of it's original value. Hope certain commenters are enjoying their general state of wrongness. :-)
    Absolutely!
    Tin Can

I hope you're not referring to my comment that eBay is a much better for selling photographic equipment venue than LFPF.

You too, Randy.

Dan,

Sarcasm often comes with !

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    I hope you're not referring to my comment that eBay is a much better for selling photographic equipment venue than LFPF.

You too, Randy.
    Tin Can

Maybe if this discussion gets too stupid Atilla and the huns will turn it off. That's what they do, right?

Lets see - new from Wanderlust is less than $200. So you ripped someone off - I don't see the benefit to this forum where my experience buying and selling has been fair prices and accurate descriptions. It would be a shame if this becomes a "market place" where greed is the first priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mann View Post
    fair prices
    If the buyer is happy to pay $500 and up for a given product, regardless of the original price, that is as fair as fair can be. The TW has clearly garnered a cult following and people are paying for the privilege considering the limited availability of the product.

I bought both of the Lomo Petzval lenses recently Kickstarted and didn't care for them...to eBay they went where I made a tidy profit. It's just how supply and demand works.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Just sold my 90mm which I bought for $200 dollars, for $200 dollars. 100% of it's value retained. Would anyone like to admit when they're wrong yet?
    Isn't that really 100% of your investment, not necessarily the value? I would have given you $250 so you may have cheated yourself by selling so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    If the buyer is happy to pay $500 and up for a given product, regardless of the original price, that is as fair as fair can be.
    That might be true for Ebay, but why brag here about Ebay sales? I would hate to see this community become a smaller Ebay where almost anything is OK.