I didn't realize this till recently, but my new place is only about 20 miles from the Southern Terminus of the Appalachian Trail.

This discovery has reinvigorated an old dream of mine, to hike the Appalachian Trail...at least in sections. I'm not much for through-hiking, but I could definitely see myself tackling it all in parts over the course of many trips. So today I actually hiked up to the summit of Springer Mountain, the aforementioned start of the trail. It was a nice day - wonderful weather - and got me thinking about researching this more and planning day hikes.

What I'd love to know from anyone on this forum is recommendations for books about / on the AT. Specifically, I would love to know if there's a go-to book showcasing really good photography along the AT - large format preferred, but at least film, as that's where my interest lies. I think that would give me some inspiration and spots to research. I also would to get recommendations on perhaps the best book for documenting trailhead locations and information (mileage, altitude, etc).

I could look at Amazon reviews and try to find some books locally but I thought I'd ask as we have a lot of hikers and backpackers on the forum. Plus I doubt any newer photo books are LF or even film.

And of course hopefully the books in question have at least a lot of content on the GA part of the AT. I've found this website really helpful - http://www.atlantatrails.com/ - but I would prefer a book I could take with me.

Thanks guys.