Thread: Horseman TTL Meter

Horseman TTL Meter

Regarding the Horseman TTL meter - it slides in the camera like a film holder or Polaroid back. It reads through the lens so compensates for extended bellows etc. and you do not have to make any further corrections. It also compensates for any filters on the lens - works very well. We have one and used it until I had to retire due to health problems. Still have it if anyone is interested. Works with 4x5 format cameras but also works well using 120/220 backs on the 4x5 camera. John Gittens.

Horseman TTL Meter

John, can your meter be used on a 6x9 camera? And what batteries does it require?

Thanks,

Dan

Horseman TTL Meter

Hello Dan, Yes, it can be used in a 6x7/6x9 camera - I had it modified in Japan at Horseman to take available batteries and at the same time they refurbished it to "as new" specs. We basically have not used it since as I had to retire due to a hip problem, which was eventually replaced but now too old to restart our business. You can contact me direct at John.Elaine@dock.net if you wish. John.

Horseman TTL Meter

John, I have the same meter that I received in a Horseman camera purchase along with some other items. Do you have a contact at Horseman in Japan? I would like to inquire about sending my meter for modification. I do have fresh silver oxide batteries, but would rather have the meter modified to accept more readily available types. Thanks!

Horseman TTL Meter

There were several models of the meter. Only the last one before the current model can be modified to take currently available batteries. Those of us with earlier ones are SOL.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Horseman TTL Meter

Hello Alonzo,
    The Horseman address is Komamura Corporation, 15-10 Nihonbashi Kobuna-ku, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103, Japan. May I suggest you write first regarding this to find cost and if you do decide to get it modified, unless you are in a hurry ask them to return it to you by surface. We did not make that request. We sent it to them surface mail (least expensive way) but they returned it UPS Air – and it was EXPENSIVE, especially on top of the modification. But it works great. John.

Horseman TTL Meter

Hello Bill,
    If you need yours modified you might want to write to Horseman (in Japan) and ask if it can be done – see previous message to Alonzo for address etc. John.