Thread: 6.5x9cm Film

6.5x9cm Film

I have a 1928 Bergheil that takes 6.5x9 film, and three nice film holders for it. I'd like to get a box of Ilford FP4 from Freestyle and shoot it. However, the place I send my b&w film to said he can't do sheet film like that. Where in the Upper Midwest can I send that size to for processing?

Re: 6.5x9cm Film

Tin Can

renes

Quote Originally Posted by Brassai View Post
    I have a 1928 Bergheil that takes 6.5x9 film, and three nice film holders for it. I'd like to get a box of Ilford FP4 from Freestyle and shoot it. However, the place I send my b&w film to said he can't do sheet film like that. Where in the Upper Midwest can I send that size to for processing?
    I use Bergheil 6x9 quite intensively and would suggest you to buy on ebay Rada 120 roll film back which I think is more safe than using film holders. I tried to use once original Voigtlander' film holders which were in very good condition but have got light leaks. Now I use two two roll film backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Well, I called them. They can do 120 & 4x5, but not 6.5x9cm, which is what I was afraid of. Who now can do tray developing of sheet film?

The camera did come with a 120 back, but I'd like to at least try some sheet film.

Call this guy. He does only color, but farms out B&W. He is right down the street from me and very good. I do my own B&W. Way cheaper. http://www.cswfilmsystems.com/

The camera did come with a 120 back, but I'd like to at least try some sheet film.[/QUOTE]
    Tin Can

Does Freestyle actually sell 6.5x9 FP4? I would think you would have to order that from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pere View Post
    Does Freestyle actually sell 6.5x9 FP4? I would think you would have to order that from Europe.
    Size 6,5x9 is hard to find in Europe too. It's easier to buy 4x5 film and cut it to 6,5x9 yourself.

Freestyle said they could order it. The guy in Chicago said he doesn't do b&w, but gave me another phone number. I'll call it tomorrow.

Size 6,5x9 is hard to find in Europe too

I just received a few boxes of Ilford FP4 6.5x9 sheet film from this excellent vendor in Germany.
    For some unknown reasons, Ilford offers FP4 in 6.5x9 cm [=2.5"x3.5"] and HP5 in 2x3" [=2.25"x3.25"], and not vice-versa ...

Wephota (Germany) also has 6.5x9 B&W sheet film in stock.