Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chemistry for Ilfochrome

Chemistry for Ilfochrome

Peter,

sounds expensive! I'm lucky in that I can walk into a photo supply shop and buy the p-30 2 litre kit over the counter for £15.80. Have you tried contacting any local labs that still produce Ilfochromes to see it they will supply you with some of the p-3 starter chemicals?

Chemistry for Ilfochrome

Hi Mark,

I called every camera store in Ontario, they do not supply it...Most of them believe ilford is gone. If I tell them Ilford resumed production, they act like they're surprised, but that is it... Obviously they do not have enough customers to even bother to do special request.

So, I found store in Calgary, the guy there has three big Ilfochrome customers therefore he is keeps supplying them. CP and Bill have had some ideas about BW developers, but I did not get a response yet, if they tried it and if they had been satisfied with results.

Chemistry for Ilfochrome

Hey Peter,

Yes, I experimented with all sorts of developers but found the Beers version the best as you could vary the contrast from one print to the next. Once you've mixed the stock A and B solution with the thiosulphate you could then vary it to any degree. If the print is too flat add a greater proportion of A or is it B, I've forgotten. You'll also notice that the normal filtration supersensitivity is GONE! just a few CCs will correct most casts.

The fixer I let run for four mins to get cleaner whites and pastel shades, you may only need 3 mins but give it a try.

CP Goerz.

Chemistry for Ilfochrome

Canadians Ilfochromers...

I spoke with Ilford Canada and I have som positive news.

P-3 Chemistry is on stock (Developer and Fixer), Bleach is comming in a few days.
    I will provide with Catalog Numbers, you just need to send them to your supplier and they will get a pricing and stocking information.

Here they are:

[pre]Developer - Starter - 1413928
    Developer - Replenisher - 1413928
    Bleach - Starter - 1413939
    Bleach - Replenisher - 1414086
    Fixer - Starter/Replenisher - 1420063
    [/pre]
    Hope I helped.