Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on moderation

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Feedback on moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    I know moderating must be tough thankless task. I use both this site and APUG. I noticed a change in tone of this site over the years, so I use APUG mostly. I wonder if we here at LF forum are suffering from symptoms of Low T as we age?
    Who is "we"??????

At three-score years I'm just as virile as when two-score years. No "letter syndromes" for me... No Lo-T or ED!

And I'm not bragging. Just stating facts. As Denny says, "don't assume". Ha ha ha.

Beverly Hills, California

Thank you for the medical report, Mr. Lincoln. I am sure Mary Todd is pleased!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    Thank you for the medical report, Mr. Lincoln. I am sure Mary Todd is pleased!
    You are very welcome Mr. Booth.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... No "letter syndromes" for me.
    ... No Lo-T or ED...
    "Hey YOU!"

A lot of Photographers here on the Forum...
    Really like their Nikon Nikkor- 'T' Series (Telephoto-type) 'ED' (Extra-Low Dispersion glass) -- Large Format Lenses!

2 Bit Hack

Priceless!
    Regards

Marty

The fact this thread still exists is great proof of the restraint shown by the moderators.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by lecarp View Post
    The fact this thread still exists is great proof of the restraint shown by the moderators.
    and the restraint of people who have posted in the thread !

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    and the restraint of people who have posted in the thread !
    True, given some incidents that have transpired in recent times.

I am glad to see Rick Denny back, with his thoughtful answers here in the forum. On the other hand, I'm sure I'm not the only one that notices there are about 3 big complainers on the forum, when one posts a complaint about how it's run, why a "like" button isn't required, why you can't break agreed-upon rules, why we can't have "free exchange of ideas" and talk politics, the other 2 jump on with "yeah, me too!" complaints. Churn and angst ensues, as the majority try to rationalize that this is really a good forum, as the complainers continue to kick the ant hill. Then it goes away for about 2 weeks, until someone once again starts a baiting (trolling?) thread with something about "moderation." It could be "hey, the moderators are great!" and the 3 complainers will start up again. Or it could be "Does anyone think the moderators are not great?", which is a classic opening. Of COURSE someone thinks that.

I'm on a lot of forums, I have a lot of hobbies. Yes, the moderation levels on them vary. But only HERE do we constantly get people whining and complaining about how hurt they are and how terrible this place has become. It's sickening, and I know the type of people that stir the pot and cant' be happy, I've had a few working for me. It is wearisome, as they never want to do the job (here being keep a photography forum flowing), but want to change the environment to their private agendas.

My advice to everyone is to ignore any new threads about moderation. It's all been said, it's all been compromised and explained. Anything further is just trying to make discontent. And yes, I could just not read these posts. But like you say, there are fewer posts to read now, due to Rick's excellent explanation of demographics and collecting life cycles.

Since this started with Oren and the new FS/WTB forum rules.....

I'm not on here very often, and am strictly a hobbyist LF photographer. Recently though, i was perusing the FS ads and found some film I would be interested in. I replied to the thread informing the OP that I would be interested in certain film if they had not already been spoken for like I would have on any other forum that has a FS section. I admit, I had not read the new rules regarding the FS/WTB ads. My posts were deleted.

It just would never have crossed my mind that I could not respond to the Seller directly through the ad. I understand certain forum rules but I have to say this one is idiotic. If your buying a new car you don't go to the lot, find the car you like, then return home and send the dealership mail return receipt requested about your intentions on purchasing said car. Doesn't happen. You converse with the salesperson directly.

What is the real harm in replying to the ad?

My 2 cents.

A