Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4x10 Arca Swiss/Horseman/Sinar P2 Conversion kits on Ebay

Re: 4x10 Arca Swiss/Horseman/Sinar P2 Conversion kits on Ebay

Whoops - sometimes it takes someone else to point out what should be obvious! I'm used to Sinars and so don't usually think about the implications of the L-frame. Thanks.

No problem Oren... Understood in full.
    Yes, my original comment of course... Was only 'in reference' to the Horseman L-Series Cameras.
    --
    Although, we would all like to own Sinar Cameras...
    Some of us 'mere mortals' -- Have to settle for Horseman.

I talked to the manufacturer about the wide angle bellow and he will consider to provide. But any idea or suggestion that you can provide?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I saw those and have also wondered what holders fit. I take it there are two types of holders? Long 4x5 size and narrow &x10?
    There are 4x10 film holders available from different sources like Canham Cameras, Chamonix, Lotus Cameras etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gchu1970 View Post
    I talked to the manufacturer about the wide angle bellow and he will consider to provide. But any idea or suggestion that you can provide?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
    The ideal solution would be interchangeable bellows, or at lest an option with a bag bellows which allow the use of lenses from 90 to 360mm.
    A SK SA 90/5,6 XL can cover 4x10 with 5mm movements. 110-125mm Wide angle lenses from the big four manufacturers are very popular and can use 27-35 mm shift in 4x10 horizontal. 150-165 mm wide angle lenses can use 90-100mm shift, like many 300-360 mm lenses wich are also very popular and need a wide angle bellows to provide all it´s movement capabilities.
    As important as the bellows is the ground glass. The ground glass must provide even illumination with wide angle lenses, or allow the use of a fresnel lens on it that should be available from the maker. Using wide angle lenses in LF without a fresnel lens ground glass is frustrating and not an option in my case.

Hi to All,

I saw this thread the other day and gave it some serious thought….how can I help?....I bought my 4x10 last year, after spending a long time researching and looking for cameras….believe me I owe a bunch of prints to friends on this site after bending their tripod legs….a good friend sent me some 4x10 holders and I thought I was on my way, well yes, sort of (1 Century X-Ray, 1 Lisco Cut Film and 3 New in the box Lisco Regal X-Ray holders)….Kerry Thalmann said get the holders first, OK I did….after a time I started to realize that all 4x10 are not created equal (ie Wisner and Canham format)….the early Wisners used early 4x10 cut film and X-Ray holders….the Canham format used a split 8x10 holder….so what’s the difference the X-Ray holder are narrower and a bit shorter….some of the X-Ray holders do not have any stops on the top end….I will try to include some images so you can see the difference….if you want to see what I am doing go to the Verve Gallery page and look me up. jan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	408.1jpg-2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	151955