Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graflex Anniversary Speed Graphic 4x5 questions

Re: Graflex Anniversary Speed Graphic 4x5 questions

Don't overlook the Meridian 45b which is a nice Linhof style camera. Why an Anniversary? I'd go for a Pacemaker. The 1/1000 and 1/500 settings are useful for handheld wide aperture work. Either are excellent cameras and a lot of fun to use handheld and on a tripod.

Have this person read through the graflex site to get a feel for all the models and accessories. The presence/absence of these accessories (viewfinders, masks, infinity stops, graflok back, attachments for the flash, cams for the Pacemaker, etc.) matter w.r.t. the overall cost, and a lot of these accessories are useful depending on one's style of photographing. For example, a working focus light on the Pacemaker makes for useful night focusing. On the Anniversary this translates into a rangefinder with an open top (and preferably a focus spot) to allow for modifying a laser pointer. As stated above the condition of the focal plane and rangefinder is paramount.

I have a Pacemaker with a top rangefinder and cam for a 135mm lens. I added a side rangefinder for my 7.25" Verito. The viewfinder is for a 90mm and I have an Optar with a cam. There are lots of possibilities for tricking these out.
    Peter Y.

Re: Graflex Anniversary Speed Graphic 4x5 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter York View Post
    Don't overlook the Meridian 45b which is a nice Linhof style camera. Why an Anniversary? I'd go for a Pacemaker. The 1/1000 and 1/500 settings are useful for handheld wide aperture work. Either are excellent cameras and a lot of fun to use handheld and on a tripod.

Have this person read through the graflex site to get a feel for all the models and accessories. The presence/absence of these accessories (viewfinders, masks, infinity stops, graflok back, attachments for the flash, cams for the Pacemaker, etc.) matter w.r.t. the overall cost, and a lot of these accessories are useful depending on one's style of photographing. For example, a working focus light on the Pacemaker makes for useful night focusing. On the Anniversary this translates into a rangefinder with an open top (and preferably a focus spot) to allow for modifying a laser pointer. As stated above the condition of the focal plane and rangefinder is paramount.

I have a Pacemaker with a top rangefinder and cam for a 135mm lens. I added a side rangefinder for my 7.25" Verito. The viewfinder is for a 90mm and I have an Optar with a cam. There are lots of possibilities for tricking these out.
    I prefer the Annaversary model. Many more combinations of FP speeds, simpler lensboard, no body release problems. I like non-synch lenses, operated by an external solenoid. Operates off the flash gun by way of a push button - smoother than even the cable release.