Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Lousy Dagor

neophyte

Re: Lousy Dagor

Given the poster of this thread made a total of 14 comments (all in this thread) in 2005, and nothing since, draw your own conclusions................... Me I would have been looking for a bridge with someone underneath it.
    "In the field of observation chance favours the prepared mind" -- Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicexplosion View Post
    Oh well my 24" dagor will still make a good paper weight. Pity i cant use it for any thing.
    Be happy to send you a real nice solid glass paper weight in exchange for the 24" Dagor, and I will pay postage in both directions.

I think the 24" Dagor would work nicely on my 20X24" camera!!

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

... but if you prefer to send it to Paris (France, not Texas), don't hesitate to send it to me: would be a good companion to my 6.8/12"!
    "I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept!" (Ansel Adams)

https://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Brian, the OP used to sell used lenses on eBay. His listings gave highly optimistic coverage estimates. Not a troll, an idiot or semi-crook.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

i have the Golden Dagor 270 g claron copy, the 14" the 19" and the 24" is in transit, so i lied a bit. seemed in keeping with the thread.

other wise i would send it, but its being sent.
    if i remember to send it to france i will ok

20 x 24, speaking of big guns, WOAH i just measured and that is bigger than my 27" mac, as they measure diagonal.

how do you run that thing, do you pimp it out or what.

where do you get film for it, and how much is one shot? i just discovered aerial film? is that what you use? or do you special order?

I might get a FLF camera later, (F**** Large Format) just because i am mad.

i think it was eddie, who was using it. i saw some on ebay, 9.5" aerial colour 500ft $499 pretty cheap. but what of black and white?

tell me, I want to know!

20 x 24

ok i did just see a doco about that camera going around america on a truck making 6' negatives. but that doesnt count, but it does make yours look like 35mm
    through a glass darkly...

After reading thruogh this thread, I got shut of all my Dagors.

I think the two worst were the 355/8 MC Kern and the late C.P. Goerz Berlin 30cm.
    The 210 mystery Dagor was lousy, too. Good riddance! I'm now using exclusively Carl Meyer glass.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

To cover an 8x10 you will need 250mm since the lenses only covered fron 60 to65 degrees. It would cover 5x7 but larger than that it would quickly lose sharpness and then disappear completely.

Lynn

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Jones View Post
    To cover an 8x10 you will need 250mm since the lenses only covered fron 60 to65 degrees. It would cover 5x7 but larger than that it would quickly lose sharpness and then disappear completely.

Lynn
    I have a gold-rim 210mm f/6.8 Dagor that covers 8x10 with a little left for movements, and is quite sharp to the corners. I also have an older uncoated 210mm Dagor that covers equally well, but goes slightly soft at the corners. The f/8 wide angle Dagors cover even more.

If you want to know what a lens can do, it's better to ask the lens than a lens chart!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

So I'm guessing this thread is Exhibit A of why lens manufacturers started putting in mechanical vignetting to stop the lens from covering outside it's actual sharp circle of coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicexplosion View Post
    i have the Golden Dagor 270 g claron copy, the 14" the 19" and the 24" is in transit, so i lied a bit. seemed in keeping with the thread.
    Well, the 24" Dagor will be next to useless unless you have a really big camera like a 20X24". So once you get the 24" Dagor in hand an realize how useless it is for normal photography, i.e 12X20 and smaller, get back in touch and I may do you a favor and take it off your hands.

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon