Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Currently available developing tanks for daylight 4x5 B&W developing?

Re: Currently available developing tanks for daylight 4x5 B&W developing?

Quote Originally Posted by blue4130 View Post
    I just looked at the B&W system today in person. It looks quite well made. I'll probably get one within the next month. I'll report my findings.
    I have the BW King 4x5 tank and it is fairly well made; I say "fairly" because spinning the reel with the lid is a bit finicky. But, since I evolved to inversion agitation for more even development I don't really care about spinning the reel. If you get one and once you've had a chance to run some development cycles I'd be very interested in hearing about your agitation technique and results obtained. I took me several runs using different agitation methods and techniques before I finally decided inversion worked the best, for me. But, I will say that I've yet to obtain a perfectly developed negative; my last remaining bugaboo is an ever so slightly greater amount of density near where the center bar runs across the length of the neg. Once you see the reel, you'll know what I'm talking about. Not sure if the 4x5 and 5x7 reel are the same design.

Re: Currently available developing tanks for daylight 4x5 B&W developing?

Quote Originally Posted by stawastawa View Post
    be cautious mixing the chemistry directly together without discarding the previous bath first, often toxic gases are released when they mix. Use Local ventilation if you must do it.
    Sorry, I had to write Dump instead Drop...