Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
OK, Randy made his snide comment and Brian enjoyed it. You both seem to have missed the point.

Stone made a claim. I don't feel obligated to investigate his claim via searching or in-person research. The question I asked was intended to lead him into discovering for himself that, ultimately, those "younger people on mobile devices" have all the information available they need. No quirks of those devices stands their way. Mine was essentially a leading question. The burden of supporting his claim falls on him.

This may reflect the later posts where discussion of most people's unwillingness to search was raised. In my opinion, anyone who's not willing to learn how to find information effectively isn't likely to learn how to execute large format photography effectively.

My other passion is acoustic jazz of the type where a musically literate listener can always hear the original melody and chord changes during all periods of improvisation. I dare say there are even fewer young people engaged in that genre today than there are practicing large format photography. Nonetheless, it hasn't died out, and the small group of millennials who discover and fall in love with it are outstanding performers. In my opinion, if this Web site, as well other resources concerning large format photography (think books) are too much trouble for the millennial masses to mine, so be it. The few with sufficient interest and drive will find what they need.
We are not in a court of law, Sal. This is a discussion forum. I don't take these posts or their opinions as a challenge or an assault on manhood... and nor should you. Let's discuss without worrying about who's responsibility it is to prove their point.

... and I don't think either Randy or myself missed the point. But I apologize for both of us (hope that's okay with you, Randy) if you took offense.

Your conclusion, however, is so correct... not for just this discipline/forum but for all of life: "The few with sufficient interest and drive will find what they need."