Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Scitex Eversmart Pro Scanner Users

Re: Scitex Eversmart Pro Scanner Users

Quote Originally Posted by Pali K View Post
    Sergie and Bob, do you recall the steps for creating an ICC profile to use within the software? At the moment, I have created a color calibration profile that is applied to scanned file in Photoshop vs. directly in the Eversmart Scan software. I did some looking around but didn't see a calibration process within the software.
    Some older Eversmart Scans did not support ICC workflow. If my memory serves me well support for ICC workflow was introduced in ES Scan v 3.x or any version of oXYgen.
    My typical workflow was to scan a target (White point set at the White target patch with values at around 248-254, no clipping in any of RGB, Dark Point - auto; no Sharpening). Make a set of profiles using different profiling SW such as i1Match, i1Profiler, Lprof(free), etc...
    Make the profiles available in Eversmart Scan.
    Prescan the transparency or Color neg .
    Set White Point, Apply one of the input profiles that I made, whatever works best. Fine tune the White Point
    Set No Sharpening
    Scan into ProPhotoRGB

The difference between applying input profile in ES Scan vs Photoshop is that the conversion is done in 16 bit vs 8 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Quick answer no.

Not sure why you would need one, the controls are within the software (Oxygen) to pretty much colour correct though clumsy they work. I have not seen the need.
    With the Supreme or any other that supports DT (RAW) scan I would scan just into DT at full optical and nothing else. It makes the scan fully automatic, free from operator's errors.
    The actual conversion or repurposing from DT to an RGB can be done at later time by opening that DT scan in oXYgen and applying required settings, such as sharpening, white point, resolution, input and output profiles, etc. As one can imagine it is open to endless interpretations of the scan without actual re-scans. As an added benefit of DT workflow, one can work on a preview at a 100% optical, vs tiny prescan.
    And yes, ICC profiling is still very beneficial even for a Supreme.
    Simply scan your target at 600dpi into DT. Open that DT in oXYgen and convert to RGB by specifying a desired value for White point and no output profile. You can make quite a few conversions from the same DT each time with a different value for White point and build a set of profiles to be used for original with different density.

SergeyT.

Hi Luke,

Are you using 2.51 OR 3.5.1 on OSX?
    3.5.1 is the very last version for the Jazz series.
    The Jazz + is a far better scanner than the plain Jazz.
    On par with the Eversmart Pro (original model)

The later upgrade to Pro II has set the Pro II to a different level.
    I sold a Jazz & a Jazz II to Michael Streeter.

Currently using Eversmart Pro II on OX10.5.8 Leopard with a Ratoc FRS1X with 2.6.3 software.
    Also have an Imacon Flextight Precision II/III using a Ratoc FRS1X on OSx Leopard too.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by Luke79 View Post
    Thank you guys
    I am using eversmart scan 2.5.1 that came with the jazz+ on my g4. I have an old Tiger System running on it too but i dont know if there is a Software for it
    Yes its in the Black and White end points Window
    I tried to Set the White and Black points but it is still grayed out
    I can only move the dark and White density sliders

Is there a way to get a Newer Software Version

Here's a minor dilemma:
    I use a spare bottle filled with distilled water for cleaning the scanner glass; I spray the water onto a Photex scanner wipe.
    The bottle, I found out, may or may not have been used previously with orange oil (a few drops in one later of water).
    I can see the top glass plate has a slight smudge-y thing, possibly from the oil.
    It shows up on scans as a purplish smear, see photo:

I'm going to try and clean this later today, was wondering if anyone has had this experience or can make any suggestions before I clean.
    Thanks

I got it.
    After cleaning both sides of each glass plate, I replaced the same negatives on the glass, and got the same result on the same neg.
    Then I moved the negs around and - hello, hello - the purple haze was on the negative.
    Whew!
    Now I need to find out why my recent batches of film had something similar on all of them.
    I used Acros 120 with HC-110, a combination I've trusted for a few years now, and one from which I've never gotten this effect before.
    Off to the darkroom sub-forum!

Thanks for explaining. It sounds really kool but I think how will do with filling in emulsion pores and any fine scratches. i too have no experiance

I just wrote a quick blog on how to get best color negative scans from older models that only work on Eversmart Scan software under OS 9.2. Here is a link and hopefully this helps someone.

http://www.analogfilm.camera/2017/07...versmart-scan/

Pali

Very helpful, thanks Pali.
    I noticed that your first dialog box was set to "Positive". Is that intentional?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eversmart-Pro-Color-Negative-Scan-Settings.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	167368

Ari, yes that is intentional. I scan everything as Positives and leave the editing for Photoshop. Also keep in mind that the software only gives you the option to manually select ICC profiles when you are scanning in Positive mode. If you haven't already done this, I think you'll be quite excited about the change in quality of your color scans

Pali

Wow, thank you, Pali.
    I have yet to unlock all the mysteries of the software, I use it sparingly these days (too busy with other things).