Re: Scitex Eversmart Pro Scanner Users

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-21-13-51-00.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	151088

Jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2016-05-21-13-51-00.jpg  

Luke,

On my Evertsmart Pro II with Eversmart Scan 3.0, I am able to change the setting without having to do anything special. I did a preview scan, selected a crop, clicked on End Points and was able to make the exposure adjustments.

I am sorry but I don't know if I can help here much. Could it possible that the Jazz doesn't have this setting?

Pali

Thank you paly , I have preview scaned. Took a crop and selected the end points but sadly still grayed out
    Is it possible to get the Newer Software Version somewhere?

Paly is your table Set to Auto normal?

If I remember correctly the Exposure has never worked (was unavailable) with Jazz+. Even with the latest oXYgen. All Eversmarts have shared a lot of common components and to compensate for the price difference some of the features had to be disabled in the lower-end models.
    It is not a big deal and I suspect it is not hardware based anyway.
    For accurate scans one has to create an ICC profile and after that carefully choose a White point value by selecting and measuring a variety of bright spots on prescan.
    Usually a correct value for White point and disabling sharpenning all it took to get the best out of an Eversmart.

I have to agree with Sergey

I have a Eversmart Supreme and once I disable the sharpening I am getting very good colour balance density .
    I will go in and make sure I am getting as much information on both ends, rarely will I have to adjust colour contrast as this I leave for PS.

I used Micheal Streeter in Michigan when purchasing my unit and he offers great service and is very reliable , I would highly recommend him.

I am still getting use to small film setups on my unit and I have never used the wet mount station I purchased with the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyT View Post
    If I remember correctly the Exposure has never worked (was unavailable) with Jazz+. Even with the latest oXYgen. All Eversmarts have shared a lot of common components and to compensate for the price difference some of the features had to be disabled in the lower-end models.
    It is not a big deal and I suspect it is not hardware based anyway.
    For accurate scans one has to create an ICC profile and after that carefully choose a White point value by selecting and measuring a variety of bright spots on prescan.
    Usually a correct value for White point and disabling sharpenning all it took to get the best out of an Eversmart.

Sergie and Bob, do you recall the steps for creating an ICC profile to use within the software? At the moment, I have created a color calibration profile that is applied to scanned file in Photoshop vs. directly in the Eversmart Scan software. I did some looking around but didn't see a calibration process within the software.

Quick answer no.

Not sure why you would need one, the controls are within the software (Oxygen) to pretty much colour correct though clumsy they work. I have not seen the need.

Quote Originally Posted by Pali K View Post
    Sergie and Bob, do you recall the steps for creating an ICC profile to use within the software? At the moment, I have created a color calibration profile that is applied to scanned file in Photoshop vs. directly in the Eversmart Scan software. I did some looking around but didn't see a calibration process within the software.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyT View Post
    In my very brief time with the scanner, I've found this to be true.
    My only problem is that the preview image is quite small, and the computer screen is also small, so getting the pointer on a specific tiny spot is hard to control and repeat.
    Any suggestions?