Hi Jim

I use the whole bed of the scanner at full resolution and lay down negatives as Micheal suggests.. it is a very easy matter of duplicate crop and you can batch preview scan .

each image is then available for adjustments and sharpness decision... I take sharpening off and leave that for PS. I must say the noise of these machines will drive you crazy, as well I do not load up the system with too many
batch scans as sometimes I have seen the system lock up.

The Oxygen system is a bit clumsy to work with since it is 90's tech but hey at 76 you will find this stuff easy. Though the scanner I have does support 16 bit capture, some of the corrections for curves and density colour do not
work . I have seemed to figure out how to work around this, but it did take me lots of trial to do so.

I think you will find you can indeed walk away after you have set up each image and let the machine work for an hour or two.

bob
Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
Good question!!! As you know, I have an IQsmart 2 coming in a few weeks but they're both pretty heavy duty machines so my thinking is to use the IQsmart for everything and replace the Coolscan as well as the 750 because from talking with Michael at Genesis I think the workflow will be much better. Right now I have to re-position the film for each frame and it's more "fiddly" than it should be with the Coolscan. What he told me was that I can make a mask for a couple of rolls of film and predefine all the individual photo locations and make a template for it so each time I load a few strips I just have to slightly move the marquees to adjust for spacing differences or delete some of them and then let it scan all the photos while I go do something else. I'm not sure if the Eversmart has the same capability or not, but that's my thinking. At nearly 76, the remaining service life of the scanner operator is a bigger question mark than the remaining service life of the scanner!