Hi, I would like to thank everyone who had contributed answers. Your experiences and suggestions are invaluable, and I will consider all posiblities.

For the shutter, I will first try the slow film + ND filter option since it's the easiest, and perhaps go the Packard shutter route later if I need more control. If I can find a cheap old press camera with a focal plane shutter, that would be another option.

As for mounting, mounting the lens inside the camera body with the filter thread is an excellent idea, and I kick myself for not thinking of it myself! On the other hand, using the original lens mount and have the lens outside the camera would be more convenient and allow me to use lenses of different size filter threads more easily. I would have to see if I could get the lens close enough; the Super Graphics with the front standard in the fully retracted position might just be close enough.

Alternatively, I can probably build a wooden housing around a film back that I no longer use, have the lens mount at a fix position, and focus by scale focusing.... It has been a long while since my shop classes in high school.

In any case, this gives me something to work on, and I will certainly post the results once I have something to show.

Thank, everybody!

Songster