Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stockbridge, MA - Suggestions for "tripod friendly" locations

Re: Stockbridge, MA - Suggestions for "tripod friendly" locations

Tourist trap, eh? Understandable. Norman Rockwell and Charles Adams, among many luminaries, lived there. So did I, from the time I was not yet 1, in 1952, till 1957. Long before I ever thought of a photographic career. My father taught at Tanglewood in the summer. Those were the days when old, old Mr. Carey still took the mail from the train station to the post office every day in his horse-drawn wagon. We used to watch the sunsets from our west-facing front porch. Life was good, people were good.
    I don't know what may be in West Stockbridge or Interlaken now, but around the Bowl and Tanglewood, assuming access is available, there must be great potential in the early and evening hours. There are surely still many historic houses around Stockbridge as well.
    Google maps seems to show our one-time farmhouse having been demolished in the past few years; the big loop driveway no longer shows either. Right along Rte 287--sorry, rather, 183, a short walk down to the Bowl through the woods.If anyone passes through, I'd be interested to know -- wait! There's a new map...
    Last edited by Ulophot; 25-Apr-2016 at 19:07. Reason: Wrong route, old map
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/