Thread: 4x5 'roid holder, need a refreasher course

Earth, California, US, SoCal, damn suburbs

4x5 'roid holder, need a refreasher course

Okay, maybe its been a while. I mean, a LONG time. I still have 1 box of Type 55 and maybe 8 or so sheets in another one.

I completely forgot how to remove the sheet, without processing it. I want to shoot, and take the sheet home, and peel and put in fixer.

Can someone give me a refresher steps? Man, I used to do this automatically and forgot how to do it.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: 4x5 'roid holder, need a refreasher course

With the dark slide fully in the holder, remove holder from camera. Check that holder is in the Load position - rollers open. Press and HOLD the small silver-colored lever and carefully remove the film package.

Peter

Raise the lever to the "L" position. Push and hold the tab in while pulling the unprocessed sheet out. There is an "R" right next to the tab, which presumably stands for "remove".

Redundant. Brian and I must've been posted at the same time.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

P.S. It is highly debatable if Earth and California should be mentioned in the same location description!!!

Earth, California, US, SoCal, damn suburbs

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    P.S. It is highly debatable if Earth and California should be mentioned in the same location description!!!
    I've cycled a lot of back roads from north of SF to SD. I'm from Brooklyn. But it's not a bad looking state.

Thanks for all the refresher course! I think I remember now.

The New55 website has a nice video tutorial. The process and equipment are the same for New55 and Type55:
    http://www.new55.net/tutorials/

(Lever at 'L' and 'R' button pushed) -- When removing the film packet, it is good to lick one's finger (or thumb) and push the film package upwards with your dampened finger placed in the middle of the image area. This will keep the package together as it gets released from the 'keeper' at the end of the holder. if the 'keeper' tends to grab a little, then just pulling from the tabs at the top can cause the package to separate as if you were about to take a photo.

Once you have pushed up the packet a little ways, you can grab it by the tabs low enough not to worry about it separating.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China