Thread: LF Gear Websites which appear to be out of business...Rant

LF Gear Websites which appear to be out of business...Rant

Ok. Alan Brubaker has lot's of nice products, but I am not in the market right now, so I don't want to call or email someone if I don't plan to buy immediately. I think that is rude.

I love to 'window' shop, always have, since I was a child I make lists of what I 'need', want, use, desire, admire, whatever. Pinterest is the modern version with images. i use it. Future hoard?

Hence my question. Is Mr Brubaker still making and selling LF gear? The only actual dates I found on his rather good website, is 2006, in more than one place. If he removed those dates, the site would be timeless, like Peter Gowland's.

I could also ask this of S&S? I have read Sandy has no more holders for sale, other sites, say they sell S&S...new. NOS?

I also notice Peter Gowland's website only recently shut down. I wish I had downloaded Peter's entire websites. Very informative. I printed his spec sheets.

There are many more than one current producer of LF gear whose website has such few and tiny images I cannot clearly visualize their products. Which I find annoying when they are selling usable, very expensive and beautiful items.

In all fairness I will try to update my websites, but I don't sell anything...

Rant over

Re: LF Gear Websites which appear to be out of business...Rant

Slightly unrelated to the rant, you can still access sites that are now inactive if they wound up being archived by https://archive.org

http://web.archive.org/web/201504231...ergowland.com/

The snapshots go back to when he was still alive, which is slightly morbid now that I think about it.

Re: LF Gear Websites which appear to be out of business...Rant

The snapshots go back to when he was still alive, which is slightly morbid now that I think about it.[/QUOTE]

Not near as morbid as snap shots after he was alive........
    Kevin Taylor
    Bonehead amateur