Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What does the Rodenstock and Schneider lifetime guarantee actually cover?

Re: What does the Rodenstock and Schneider lifetime guarantee actually cover?

Fungus, Separation, haze/fog (not schneiderities) cannot be the responsibility of the user under any warranty, otherwise, it could not possible cover anything, aside from perhaps a lens that was not sharp for some reason.

I am having a hard time locating the actual warranty card of these - can someone kindly post a scan/PDF of an original Schneider Optics USA warranty card detailing the warranty agreement?

This is the current info from their website, but has not info on the lifetime thing:https://www.schneideroptics.com/info...y/warranty.htm

Out of curiosity I dug out the purchase/warranty information on my 120 mm Super Symmar HM. First of all I was in error in my post #53; the U.S. distributer of Schneider lenses was doing business as Schneider Optics Inc., not Schneider Corporation of America. In fact I did fill out and return within 30 days the chit as required for the "Lifetime Limited Warranty". Five months later I received back from Schneider my "Lifetime Limited Warranty" certificate. Basically the lens is warranted by Schneider "to be free of defects in material and workmanship as long as it is owned by the consumer purchaser named in this certificate." If the lens included a shutter at the time of purchase, the shutter is warranted to be free of defects in material or workmanship for one year. Seems sort of the reverse of what Century/Schneider described to koh303 as being the case today. I remember at the time thinking well big deal, what's going to go wrong with a modern lens, surely the coating isn't going to flake off nor will an element spontaneously crack or the lens cement fail. No, any problems would be mechanical, with the shutter.

Anyway so far, so good. Nearly 20 years later none of those things have occurred, nor has schneideritis, nor has haze set in. Sounds like I'd better hope that this continues to be the case.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    Anyway so far, so good. Nearly 20 years later none of those things have occurred, nor has schneideritis, nor has haze set in. Sounds like I'd better hope that this continues to be the case.
    I think its a fairly rare thing for these modern lenses to fail, however, i now have three, and only the original owner of two of them, though i could ask the original owner of the third to claim it if it became an option.

Can you upload a scan of your warranty card?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    I think its a fairly rare thing for these modern lenses to fail, however, i now have three, and only the original owner of two of them, though i could ask the original owner of the third to claim it if it became an option.

Wow, three lens failures? All separation? Or some other failure? I have 3 Schneider Symmar-S that all have Schneideritis to some degree or another, but nothing like your separation failure, and nothing that amounts to much more than an annoyance.

Fungus, Separation, haze/fog (not schneiderities) cannot be the responsibility of the user under any warranty, otherwise, it could not possible cover anything, aside from perhaps a lens that was not sharp for some reason.
    How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg?
    Four.

Saying that a tail is a leg... Doesn't make it a leg.
    ~~ Abraham Lincoln. ~~

With luck here is the front and the back of my "Limited Lifetime Warranty" certificate.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Limited warranty 2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	148329

David

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Per discussion with poster, edited to remove front side of card with personal information.
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 22-Mar-2016 at 06:01.

Well that seems to have worked. Again to get this "Lifetime Limited Warranty" I had to fill out a short form that was part of the Limited Warranty and mail it in along with a copy of the bill of sale. The Limited Warranty was for one year.
    David