Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Micro sensor images including Macro

Re: Micro sensor images including Macro

Untitled by moe.randy, on Flickr

6/8/2015 by moe.randy, on Flickr

He is there nearly every day on the longest street in one city in the world.
    Tin Can

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post

He is there nearly every day on the longest street in one city in the world.
    Ahem. Yonge Street in Toronto (86km = 53.4 miles)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    Ahem. Yonge Street in Toronto (86km = 53.4 miles)
    Not one city is it?
    Tin Can

(Shrek)

Not one city is it?
    No, though Toronto is huge, especially after all the amalgamations of the last couple of decades. I thought it was, since the 'length' was cut from 1,000+ km to the current 86.

No, though Toronto is huge, especially after all the amalgamations of the last couple of decades. I thought it was, since the 'length' was cut from 1,000+ km to the current 86.
    I looked up Yonge before I made the original post. Even read a bit of history.

I don't care, I was trying to emphasize the plight of the beggar. Usually truck drivers will hand down paper money. He is well known.

2 guys last year walked the length of Western and had a drink in every bar. Western was once the western edge of Chicago and North was you know. I live just at the outer edge of Western & North which is now deep inner city ghetto turning fancy since I landed 14 years ago.
    Tin Can

(Shrek)

I looked up Yonge before I made the original post. Even read a bit of history.

I don't care, I was trying to emphasize the plight of the beggar. Usually truck drivers will hand down paper money. He is well known.

2 guys last year walked the length of Western and had a drink in every bar. Western was once the western edge of Chicago and North was you know. I live just at the outer edge of Western & North which is now deep inner city ghetto turning fancy since I landed 14 years ago.

Sorry about hijacking your post, I just knew the Canadian lore about Yonge being the longest and I didn't look it up.

Like many, I hesitate to hand out money to beggars, partly because we're raised with some pretty terrible attitudes about people who are down on their luck ("They'll only spend it on drugs and alcohol!" -- well, if I were homeless and in a wheelchair, I might want to escape reality too...). I compromise by having on hand lots of water bottles on the passenger side, I freely hand those out to anyone who will take them. And I would rather give money to homeless people now than to any of the million 'charities' out there who spend 90% or more of their 'take' on salaries and overhead (no, I'm not bashing all charities either :P).

Sorry about hijacking your post, I just knew the Canadian lore about Yonge being the longest and I didn't look it up.

Like many, I hesitate to hand out money to beggars, partly because we're raised with some pretty terrible attitudes about people who are down on their luck ("They'll only spend it on drugs and alcohol!" -- well, if I were homeless and in a wheelchair, I might want to escape reality too...). I compromise by having on hand lots of water bottles on the passenger side, I freely hand those out to anyone who will take them. And I would rather give money to homeless people now than to any of the million 'charities' out there who spend 90% or more of their 'take' on salaries and overhead (no, I'm not bashing all charities either :P).
    I'd give it all away, except I did that a few times. As I am on my last journey, I am keeping everything I can, just in case I live forever...

I sure don't want to live forever, what a horrible idea.
    Tin Can

Pond Views in Chicago by Pali K, on Flickr

Samsung Note 4 Cell Phone

Pali

Are you in Chicago?
    Tin Can

Randy, I was there this past week for a work conference but I am back in MD now. Are you from Chicago?