Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Southern New Hampshire

Re: Hello from Southern New Hampshire

Really nice Ken, I like that!

Welcome!

Signed up for the Marginal Way walk, will probably bring a couple 4x5s. It would be cool to meet others from LFPF that are in the area too.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    Signed up for the Marginal Way walk, will probably bring a couple 4x5s. It would be cool to meet others from LFPF that are in the area too.
    So happy you're coming along Ed. Now I won't be the only one in "slow motion" compared to these 35mm film kids. Ha ha! Actually a good mix of shooters so far - about half shoot 35mm and the other half 120. You and I will be the 4x5's.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by raylarose View Post
    Also, wanted to share my first handful of shots with the Chamonix. I've done a few test shots here and there (landscapes / portraits), but these are my more serious ones:

http://www.raylarose.com/2016/03/old-portsmouth/

Feedback is more than welcome! Shot on Delta 100, developed in the sink with Kodak D-76, scanned on Epson V700, toned in Photoshop. (Plan to chemical tone for darkroom printing).
    nice work ray, i like the windows with stickers on them

i haven't been to portsmouth since i had a few jobs across at ( PNS ) shipyard.
    once in a while i'd stop at the DQ at the rotary for some fries before i drove 4 hours home.
    strawberry banke still there ?

john

Thanks so much John! Yes, Strawberry Banke is still there - such a great place to shoot.

My kids love strawberry Banke so we go a couple times a year. Such a great place for photos. Last time we went the replica Spanish galleon was at the dock. What a treat
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

multiplex

i had a feeling it wasn't going anywhere, having stayed in 1 place for 300 years but i had to ask !
    one of my teachers was one of the people, if not THE person who restored the colonial gardens at strawberry banks ..
    she did soil analysis to identify the pollen of what plants were there as well as other "stuff" to restore the local landscape.

That DQ is still at the circle, but kittery foreside has gone much more upscale recently, some great places to eat over there. We've taken a cruise on the privateer lynx out of the portsmouth harbor before, it was a great time. (It's a tall ship). I always wanted to get on PNS to shoot the old naval prison, but so far haven't found a way on to do that.

multiplex

hi Ed,
    the tall ship ride sounds like a blast. I don't think I ate or did much in kittery when I was there.
    I have a feeling it will be nearly impossible for a civilian to photograph things at the shipyard.
    I was working for an engineering firm who was doing EIS&section 106 reviews on-base, and fo me to use a
    camera I had to get all sorts of clearance not to mention, no film left the base without being processed
    and scrutinized by security. I had a camera badge when I was there ( both pre and post 911) and
    every like 10 seconds someone asked to see my badge and questioned me. luckily I became friendly with a mp,
    who ran interference for me otherwise I would have spent my days answering the same questions rather than making photographs. the stop and question was natural there, there are never cameras on base so when they see a rail camera they are supposed to ask ( being not normal and all ) ...
    ive done work at arsenals ( army ) and the buildings at PNS/naval stations are equally as cookie cutter, Seabee/cool stuff you really don't see anywhere else. I mean who would have imagined an enormous Quonset hut with flying buttresses. totally wild stuff.