Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PVC sheets

hacker extraordinaire

Re: PVC sheets

I tried that in Dallas and it was surprisingly expensive. I even told them I didn't care about color so they could spray it as part of another job, but they would only bill me the full cost per sq ft which is surprisingly high. I ended up using some Benjamin Moore rubbery waterproof coating which worked well for about 2 years until I moved. I will probably end up doing the same except with some other coating. The sink I need here is much smaller like 12 inches by 4 feet.
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

The one sink I ever built for myself I painted with epoxy paint I probably got from Home Depot. Worked like a charm. I even painted it away from my mini lab and then transported it there. No leaks or anything.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I tried that in Dallas and it was surprisingly expensive. I even told them I didn't care about color so they could spray it as part of another job, but they would only bill me the full cost per sq ft which is surprisingly high. I ended up using some Benjamin Moore rubbery waterproof coating which worked well for about 2 years until I moved. I will probably end up doing the same except with some other coating. The sink I need here is much smaller like 12 inches by 4 feet.
    As the sink size you search for is not too big maybe you will be able to find something in stainless steel from used restaurant equipment.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Looks like you can buy the spray on liner in an aerosol can and do it yourself. It's around $14 a can.

http://www.carid.com/dupli-color/dup...zh4aAnMw8P8HAQ

Here's another brand.

http://www.zoro.com/rust-oleum-truck...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Here is a tip a professional darkroom builder gave me for a very chem resistant, durable paint that is very easy to apply, paints on very smooth (with a brush) very low fumes while drying, and cleans up & lasts very well;

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-cat...door-furniture

It will seal wood (and metals, plastics, etc) well... I have used it for wet side finishing and it's great!!! And inexpensive!!!

I have gotten it in grey, but I don't see it on their color chart now... (Ask them about it...)

Steve K

Drew Wiley

You gotta be kidding... Is this the Beverly Hillbillies decide to add a darkroom sink that the goats can drink from?

I was just wondering if anybody has tried using white shellac to to treat the wood. I`m planning a 2ft x 8ft plywood sink. I`ve used it to treat some balcony boards that where starting to rot and the shellac sealed the wood beautifully.

This place will cut plastic sheet to size, in a choice of sheet thickness, and give a price quote with shipping online, they made my sink backsplash panels exactly right and delivered within about a week

www.professionalplastics.com