Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: F11 magazine, Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee featured

Re: F11 magazine, Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee featured

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I for one would like to compare Lodima against the other papers available that I currently use.

I am about to launch a service of making very large silver negatives for Contact use and I always thought this paper (Lodima) needs to be tested
    once I am ready to go. This service is aimed at digital capture to historical silver and Alt practitioners.

I will contact Michael once I have the Lambda producing the neg's, purchase some paper and recommended their dev, and do my own tests directly in my darkroom .

I am very excited in what Tim Parkin is doing with Led contact systems , as I believe there is a possible workaround to make a very large UV and Silver contact printing
    unit with vacuum that is multi purpose for Silver printing and Pt Pd printing that I am actively involved with.
    My bucket list would be that the unit powers up with adequate light for silver , but also can amp up for UV light for Pt Pd.
    I just need an engineering geek to figure this one out.

We are definitely in a very nice period of time where there are so many options available to the serious printmaker.
    Dear Bob,

I think you will be very satisfied with Lodima paper and we will be very happy to supply it to you. We can have sizes made beyond 20x24 should you require that. We have had platinum printers try Lodima Grade 2. They said it matched the negatives that had made for platinum printing and were so happy with it that they bought many boxes.

Michael A Smith

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    I disagree. The conflicts you refer to never were, aren't now and never will be "fun." They're nasty diversions that have no place here.
    I guess I meant it was amusing to see how worked up certain people got over certain things. I don't think I was ever one of the sportsmen but I could be wrong. Anyway life was too short for nastiness then, and its even shorter now

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Perhaps the OP was thinking of this other LF Forum member:

Abrasiveness is unattractive. Period.
    You know, I never even realized that error , but I do mix my letters up some time thanks for showing me this Sal.

Thanks Michael
    I will be indeed in touch when the enlarged negatives start popping out of my image device - later this year , early 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    Dear Bob,

I think you will be very satisfied with Lodima paper and we will be very happy to supply it to you. We can have sizes made beyond 20x24 should you require that. We have had platinum printers try Lodima Grade 2. They said it matched the negatives that had made for platinum printing and were so happy with it that they bought many boxes.

Michael A Smith

Drew Wiley

Thank you for your reply, Michael. I'll keep you in mind if I experiment with Lodima. Azo wasn't my cup of tea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    You know, I never even realized that error , but I do mix my letters up some time thanks for showing me this Sal.
    You're welcome. I didn't realize I was showing you an error. In fact, I recalled your unique spelling because in the past I've apologized to you for incorrectly spelling your name (i.e. in the conventional way) when replying to one of your posts. Apparently back then my apology didn't cause you to notice that your profile was wrong.

I'm a little slow on the uptake Sal. but got it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    It is heartwarming to learn that Bruce Barlow still uses it and we hope others do so as well.
    Hello Michael,

I have referred to the Azo Forum many times over the years and have fairly recently posted a couple of questions to which you responded quickly; thank you! I, for one, would most definitely NOT wish to see this valuable information disappear. Thank you for keeping it alive and all you and Paula do in support of fine photography.

Michael: any chance you'll be in Sydney as part of this trip? I and probably a few others would love to be able to see some of your prints.

Ah, not this trip. Paula and I did have an exhibition in Sydney at Gordon Undy's gallery. I think it was in 2007. We keep meaning to get back, but life intervenes. We'll let you know when we do return. In the meantime, consider this an invitation to visit us here in the USA, or if it is a lot easier, come to New Zealand when we will be there.

Michael A Smith