Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATM Viper X-1 Night Vision Goggles Review

Re: ATM Viper X-1 Night Vision Goggles Review

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    I'm not a Viper user but I LOVE THIS STUFF, anyone that doesn't play around with this is missing a lot of fun and an amazing technology that even 10 years ago would have cost Thousands.
    Attachment 145260
    I have one of these that I bought at Walmart on an after Christmas clearance for $17. I have a Maglite with an IR filter I bounce off the ceiling and I can see very well with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    I have one of these that I bought at Walmart on an after Christmas clearance for $17. I have a Maglite with an IR filter I bounce off the ceiling and I can see very well with it.
    I bought a little IR flood light that is used for security cameras, same idea I bounce it off a white wall, works great. I'm gonna need to check out Walmart after Xmas. I would like to dissect and improve ��
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Okay, this is in my price range! I will have to get one, and put up an IR light.....

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Okay, this is in my price range! I will have to get one, and put up an IR light.....
    I looked on line 17 bucks was a great deal. I think I paid 50 bucks for my first one, and maybe closer to 60 for my emergency backup. I'm using Jakks Pacific, spy net night vision goggles, even at this money they are worth it as long as you don't expect too much. I just developed 2 roll of 120 Ektar, my 59 year old fingers ain't what they used to be. I could read the printing on the backing paper.
    The pair I have has 2 built in illuminators you don't need a separate flood light to start. HOWEVER 1 BANK OF LIGHTS ARE RED LEDS YOU NEED TO COVER THESE. I just used 3M electrical tape to make sure I didn't accidentally turn these on. The other set of built in are true IR LEDs, these have never fogged any color or black and white. Obviously don't try this with IR or Extended red film.
    These are manually focused and are just like any camera up close the depth of field is shallow. If it's warm and humid, you can get fogging. I wear glasses under the goggles otherwise I can't see.
    When you get the old folks fumble fingers or are trying to lad sheet film reels, Holy cow these are a life saver.
    Takes some getting used to, but now I use them even for loading 35 mm reels, sometimes I don't even look at the reel but if I have any problems I just take a look to make sure everything is going well.
    Best Regards Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    I looked on line 17 bucks was a great deal. I think I paid 50 bucks for my first one, and maybe closer to 60 for my emergency backup. I'm using Jakks Pacific, spy net night vision goggles, even at this money they are worth it as long as you don't expect too much. I just developed 2 roll of 120 Ektar, my 59 year old fingers ain't what they used to be. I could read the printing on the backing paper.
    The pair I have has 2 built in illuminators you don't need a separate flood light to start. HOWEVER 1 BANK OF LIGHTS ARE RED LEDS YOU NEED TO COVER THESE. I just used 3M electrical tape to make sure I didn't accidentally turn these on. The other set of built in are true IR LEDs, these have never fogged any color or black and white. Obviously don't try this with IR or Extended red film.
    These are manually focused and are just like any camera up close the depth of field is shallow. If it's warm and humid, you can get fogging. I wear glasses under the goggles otherwise I can't see.
    When you get the old folks fumble fingers or are trying to lad sheet film reels, Holy cow these are a life saver.
    Takes some getting used to, but now I use them even for loading 35 mm reels, sometimes I don't even look at the reel but if I have any problems I just take a look to make sure everything is going well.
    Best Regards Mike.
    Good information. At 65, I know what you mean about 'fumble' fingers!