Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumb Stuff

Re: Dumb Stuff

Here's a good (small format) one for you.

I set up to roll a cassette of 35mm film yesterday, something I haven't done in a while. I taped the film to the spindle, fixed the spindle in the bulk winder, closed it up and started turning the crank for 24 exposures. Something didn't feel right. I looked down and saw the outside of the cassette sitting on the table next to me. D'oh! Now I've got a spare length of film to use to practice loading my Hewes reels.

-Chris

Yup hypo clear,,thought that was obvious since i allso mentioned fixer,but yes i meant hypo clear.thanks for clearing that up for me,,sometimes i cant explain myself very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Do you mean "hypo clear"?

"BOB" is a LF treasure, knowlegeable and helpful to so many through the decades. He has earned respect, not disdain from an idiot.

Leaving the cable release at home on a rare New Year's Day when the Tioga Pass road was open.
    I got so excited I threw my kit into the car without double checking.
    I discovered my poverty at Tenaya Lake.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    "BOB" is a LF treasure, knowlegeable and helpful to so many through the decades. He has earned respect, not disdain from an idiot.
    +1
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Quote Originally Posted by ckagy View Post

I set up to roll a cassette of 35mm film yesterday, something I haven't done in a while. I taped the film to the spindle, fixed the spindle in the bulk winder, closed it up and started turning the crank for 24 exposures. Something didn't feel right. I looked down and saw the outside of the cassette sitting on the table next to me. D'oh! Now I've got a spare length of film to use to practice loading my Hewes reels.

-Chris
    But all you had to do was to bring it into the darkroom or changing bag, and snap the cassette on....

Oh well...

Steve K

As a young USAF photographer stationed in SD back in the early '80s, I had to ride around with a Lt and photograph numerous hotels and restaurants in the town for a briefing due to an up coming competition in which all the bases in the command would be sending their teams. After riding around with him for more than an hour and shooting a 36 exp roll of Ektachrome, I went back to the base photo lab to process. Something didn't feel right as I was rewinding the roll in my Nikon F3...that's because there was no film in it.
    I immediately loaded the camera and drove myself back to town, trying to beat the fading daylight and trying to remember all the different hotels and restaurants. I guess I got it done because I never heard back from the Lt after giving him the slides the next day.

In another instance, same base, had to go take pictures of the base commander giving some award to one of the units. We all stood around waiting, the commander being obviously late. Finally, about 30 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to happen, we were told it would have to be rescheduled. I was complaining under my breath at what a waste of time that was. When I got back to the lab and proceeded to empty my camera bag out, I had several lenses, a flash, but no camera...it was sitting on the counter in the camera supply room, right where I had left it. I think I learned several lessons that day.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

To err is human. To forgive ourselves sometimes takes years.

With best regards,

Stephen

Not completely shutting the film bag/box before turning on the lights. Ouch. Did it a second time. Oooouch.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Pulling the dark slide and then cranking the focal plane shutter. It makes a diagonal line across the negative.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Quote Originally Posted by ckagy View Post

-Chris
    But you don't need to practice with Hewes reels.