Hello everyone, I am based in London and am fairly new to large format photohraphy having bought a lovely old MPP Mark 8 a couple of months ago. This is my first post but I have been following the group discussions with great interest (it is almost as addictive as that unspeakable auction site!). I have had some success with Velvia slides and now want to take some black and white pictures and develop them myself. Having done a lot of web based research I think I am going to use the BTZS tubes approach to developing but I am totally new to the darkroom experience having moved in reverse transition to most people from digital to film based photography! Anyway, my question is, what black and white film would members recommend as a good beginners film to shoot and develop on a 5*4 camera? There is so much choice in black and white film it seems to me. I guess I am looking for one that will be quite forgiving of my inexperience. At the moment in my enthusiasm I shoot almost anything (inside and out) but I guess my main interests are people and landscapes. I would also be interested in any recommended developer combinations with it too.
Many thanks and best wishes to everyone
Paul