Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lf gov't job opening (UPDATE: it's been filled!)

Re: Lf gov't job opening

After 25 years of civil service, the last thing I would want to do is to merge my hobby, my means of "escape" with yet another job working for the government! A fate worse than death, if you ask me. But you didn't.

^^^ You and me both, brother.

My experience while working for a state is that we were required to advertise positions that were open, regardless of possible closing of the same. Very frustrating bullsh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    My experience while working for a state is that we were required to advertise positions that were open, regardless of possible closing of the same. Very frustrating bullsh*t.
    You mean you had to advertise an opening even if management wasn't looking to fill the position and it was to be abolished??

FED DC JOB POSTING: Large Format Photographer

Very interesting. A friend just contacted me and called my attention to this Washington DC job for a Large Format Photographer. Includes HABS/HAER/HALS work. Job open Dec. 1st - Dec. 15th.

Too bad it's not located in Forest Grove, Oregon.

Here's the link . . .

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/422484300

Re: FED DC JOB POSTING: Large Format Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    Very interesting. A friend just contacted me and called my attention to this Washington DC job for a Large Format Photographer. Includes HABS/HAER/HALS work. Job open Dec. 1st - Dec. 15th.

Too bad it's not located in Forest Grove, Oregon.

Here's the link . . .

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/422484300
    Yer a bit late for the party.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...70#post1293170

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Threads merged.
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 9-Dec-2015 at 07:06.

Anyone heard of the "Peter Principle"?
    The theory that any individual is likely to be promoted,on the basis of proved performance,to a level just above the level at which they are most competent.With the result being,they will be incompetent,finally.
    Explains a lot about life in a first world economy.

I'm applying. I think I'm qualified to say the least and I've been looking for an excuse to leave Brooklyn. I would like to think there are a lot of qualified applicants but how many 30 somethings are there with extensive LF and film processing experience? Probably more than I think. I know its a long shot but you gotta be in it to win it as they say. I don't have any romantic notions about the job, but I think it's actually something I would enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by sperdynamite View Post
    I'm applying. I think I'm qualified to say the least and I've been looking for an excuse to leave Brooklyn. I would like to think there are a lot of qualified applicants but how many 30 somethings are there with extensive LF and film processing experience? Probably more than I think. I know its a long shot but you gotta be in it to win it as they say. I don't have any romantic notions about the job, but I think it's actually something I would enjoy.
    Where does it say that you have to be in your 30s?

Quote Originally Posted by sperdynamite View Post
    I encourage anyone interested to apply. Some reminders about the application process in USAJOBS:
    • Make sure your resume clearly explains your education and experience, to include addressing all of the KSAs and the specialized experience required. Your resume should be a Word or PDF document.
    • Your resume should directly reference the specialized experience - i.e. photography related to historical, architectural, scientific or engineering subject matter. There has to be some level of word matches, otherwise your resume will get tossed.
    • Don't use any fancy looking resume formats, because they will get trashed in the USAJOBS document processing and will look like crap. No images, boxes or graphical doodads should be on your resume.
    • Make sure you answer all questions in the Assessment questionnaire and successfully submit/attach it with your application for the job.
    • Attach the DD-214 and any Veteran's pref or disability docs -- if they apply to you.

Good luck!