[TLDR: Does anyone have any experience converting a graflex 2/3 cell into a
Hi,
With flashbulbs dead, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience converting an old 2 cell flash into a bare bulb flash. I'm thinking of something like the Witstro AD-360 type flashes. Vintage handle flashes are too nice and too beautiful to be relegated to just fancy handles and mere museum pieces (or suffer the fate of being made into another awful light sabre).

At the moment I'm thinking of using an arduino board as the control unit, a Godox PB960 Battery Pack for power, going through the base or the old bi-post connector and a 180v or 360v bulb and various off the self parts. I'm intending to convert a Kalart 3 cell Automatic flash (this is a similar model http://www.collection-appareils.fr/a...1323793175.jpg) and use the same duration as a FP flash bulb (although thankfully I can vary it thanks to the ardunio).

If anyone has any circuit diagrams and/or experience with this type of thing, I'll be more than grateful. I have experience with electronics with HAM radio stuff, but I've never really played with making my own flashes etc. Anyway, if it enables an old flash to be usable once again, It'll be worth the effort.