Thread: Jobo ATL800 & 1000, opinions on them?

Jobo ATL800 & 1000, opinions on them?

Hi,

I have taken possession of a couple of Jobo processors complete with tanks and reels, judging by the PDF instructions both units are complete. The ATL1000 fires up fine as does the ATL800 and both are in super condition, have been recently used.

I already own and use a full Jobo CPP2 system with 3 x 3010 drums and several 2500 series tanks so I am at odds in what to do with these two processors, not a lot of past sales info on them. Has anyone used either of these, especially the ATL800 which seems quite rare? Anything to check for before possibly selling them? Insights as to value, issues, etc?

Re: Jobo ATL800 & 1000, opinions on them?

I think the ATL800 was only produced for a short time before Jobo left the analog business. The ATL1000/1500 were made for a much longer period -- the 1000 is much more common than the 1500, and the differences are pretty minor. I have an ATL1000 that has seen thousands of rolls through it, and still ticking. Catlabs has most replacement parts available. I think they go for anywhere from $1000-$1500 when you can find one.

Rolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe Tessem View Post
    I think the ATL800 was only produced for a short time before Jobo left the analog business. The ATL1000/1500 were made for a much longer period -- the 1000 is much more common than the 1500, and the differences are pretty minor. I have an ATL1000 that has seen thousands of rolls through it, and still ticking. Catlabs has most replacement parts available. I think they go for anywhere from $1000-$1500 when you can find one.

Rolfe
    Yeah, that is what I am finding too. I am considering selling all three with the exception of my 3010 and a few other drums and getting a brand new CPP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome25 View Post
    Yeah, that is what I am finding too. I am considering selling all three with the exception of my 3010 and a few other drums and getting a brand new CPP3.
    I don't think there is that much difference between a late CPP2 and te new CPP3. The CPP3 is basically the CPP2 (with all the later mods) reincarnated.

Rolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe Tessem View Post
    I don't think there is that much difference between a late CPP2 and te new CPP3. The CPP3 is basically the CPP2 (with all the later mods) reincarnated.

Rolfe
    I have certainly thought about that and the fact I could buy a CPP2 for parts but this is a brand new machine and I would rather support the company in this new age of niche analog.

I'm still thinking over my options for sure....