Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copal Shutter Repair

Copal Shutter Repair

I'm looking for a shop to overhaul a Copal 1 Shutter. So far all the big names have struck out. KEH didn't even answer the e mail. Any suggestions?

Re: Copal Shutter Repair

Have you tried flutotscamerarepair.com? I have a shutter on its way to Carol right now.

Just ask Glazers who they use. A leaf shutter repair is very basic work. Any camera repair shop can do it.

Precision camera is your best bet for turn around.

Not to hi-jack but... what I want to know is who can do a good job at a decent price. The few well-known companies I've contacted charge more than the used shutter is worth once shipping is added... and they inflate the return shipping fee 3-4x.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Not to hi-jack but... what I want to know is who can do a good job at a decent price. The few well-known companies I've contacted charge more than the used shutter is worth once shipping is added... and they inflate the return shipping fee 3-4x.
    They all do a great a job, but none charge what could be calculated a reasonable when comparing to used prices. I doubt if shutter CLA prices have changed in the past 10 years, but the actual product price has.

Does that mean the price they charge is not reasonable?
    Another used shutter, will also need service. Service a used shutter once, and its usually good for many years. Price the difference of buying a replacement shutter every time one misbehaves.

Then buy a replacement and sell the old one for parts. Just remember to switch the aperture scales and any shim rings.

Quote Originally Posted by hazardsg View Post
    Have you tried flutotscamerarepair.com? I have a shutter on its way to Carol right now.
    I'll second Carol. She's done about six shutters for me so far and every one has been a great job.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    They all do a great a job, but none charge what could be calculated a reasonable when comparing to used prices. I doubt if shutter CLA prices have changed in the past 10 years, but the actual product price has.

Does that mean the price they charge is not reasonable?
    Another used shutter, will also need service. Service a used shutter once, and its usually good for many years. Price the difference of buying a replacement shutter every time one misbehaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Then buy a replacement and sell the old one for parts. Just remember to switch the aperture scales and any shim rings.
    Good points, both.