Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bostick & Sullivan Carbon Tissue

Re: Bostick & Sullivan Carbon Tissue

Thanks everyone for the great information!! I would love to attend a workshop and I might be able to squeeze one in next year.

Thanks again,
    Jim
    "it’s so easy to get famous now. Have a big butt and an Instagram account."...Naomi Grossman

OK - a question. Any idea where one can see a good carbon print, especially in the midwest?

The Art Institute of Chicago has a print viewing room. You can call & schedule a visit and request prints you'd like to see that you itemize. Their staff will pull the prints from the collections and have them ready for you at the appointed time. When I did this they weren't that well versed in photographers that did carbon prints. I have no idea how they are now. It might be better to call and speak with someone directly, but I'd have a list of names for them to search. Thomas Annan, Adolphe Braun, are two artists I remember seeing. They don't have a lot of carbon or carbro prints, but they have some and it's free.

http://www.artic.edu/collections/photography-study-room

John

Not in the Midwest but in Rochester, NY, the George Eastman House has a wide assortment of everything photographic. I was going to spend a day there this summer but plans had to change for a funeral trip. They even have three and maybe four color carbon prints! And just about any master and about any print or negative process. They welcome people to make appointments and help you pick good examples etc. the staff was really good to me in the pre-planning process. I really need to find time to go.