Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New colour film from The Impossible Project

Re: New colour film from The Impossible Project

The only people shooting 8x10 Impossible are the people using it to check exposure and lighting prior to shooting real film. 30 minutes is ridiculous especially if you are working hourly, on a deadline or with a model.
    Signature deleted as to not offend certain people

Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    The only people shooting 8x10 Impossible are the people using it to check exposure and lighting prior to shooting real film. 30 minutes is ridiculous especially if you are working hourly, on a deadline or with a model.
    30 minutes is no better than running your own E6 line and developing as you go!

I am wondering if they just need more research time. Or if the chemistry Polaroid used is no longer for some ( environmental) reasons.

Even with the long development times I can still see some uses for it.
    Checking my exposure is not one of them, I would probably use digital for that.

Spending 20$ to find out if a 5$ negative shot or lighting will work, cannot be a real good way to do things. Surely a digital camera can do that much easier, or a small film pack with accurate colors can too.

I think most if not all people who shoot impossible film want instant 8X10 stuff, with all its quirks and "bad quality", and thats the only reason.

Using it to judge any negative would be a futile attempts, as this stuff has nothing to do with what a negative will look like when printed.

I don't think so, sorry. I think IP users are just people who look at different artistic experiments. Nowadays you can quite safely check exposures using small mirrorless camera with proper adjustments and not waste time and money on the instant film. But hey.. could be pragmatic in me..

I know about a dozen people shooting 8x10 Impossible, none use it to check exposure or lighting, including myself. As mentioned above, I find a digital camera is a much faster, cheaper and more effective way to check lighting and exposure. Everyone I know who uses Impossible 8x10 film, including myself, are using it for creative purposes, trying to find ways that this unique material can create interesting images.