I picked up a deal on a CPP2 processor, was listed on Ebay AS IS Parts etc. I figured why not take a chance. It wasn't heating, thought I was done. Reset the Thermal switch , heard a little click, Voila heats up fine. Drum wouldn't turn tightened screw on motor main drive cog and Viola, drum rotates perfect. The unit was absolutely filthy covered with lime and crusted developer. So I take off the lift, cleanup the upper trough etc. pretty straight forward. The main drive unit was fine didn't open, leave well enough alone.

So I decide to disassemble and clean the lift. First of all these things are light, new your probably paying 125 bucks a pound for plastic. I got it all apart very carefully saving every screw etc. Cleaned the plastic parts over night in vinegar and warm water, elbow grease everything came out looking like a very well cared for 25 year old lift. There was no broken pieces, these things are really a very well designed and built device. Almost had a stroke trying to remember how to put back together. But then everything clicked, all I needed was a little new silicone to seal seams. I HIGHLY recommend taking a lot of digital photos if you take one of these things apart. If your patient and take your time it all works out OK.

I am seriously considering buying a new CPP 3, I love playing with these processors (I also have a little Duolab that I love for developing a couple rolls at a time). If these wonderful old machines go bad in the electronics side I wouldn't have a clue. I'm sure Catlabs JP has a lot of parts but you can only do so much.

When I get my new machine I will probably keep this old lift, we have bonded :-)

Mike from Iowa