Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Using and Modifying the Travelwide 4x5 camera

Re: Using and Modifying the Travelwide 4x5 camera

I would assume stage left is how we use a camera from the back or GG side. Same as cars.

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    I assume left and right as you fact the camera?

Also, I've used www.oberdas3d.com for 3d printing and found him helpful and reasonable.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    I assume left and right as you fact the camera?

Also, I've used www.oberdas3d.com for 3d printing and found him helpful and reasonable.
    The right side is for your right hand and the left for the left hand

An L-R discrimination tip:

Hold both arms outstretched to your front with the hands palm out and fingers pointing up.Spread the fingers and thumbs. The index finfer and thumb of the LEFT hand will make an "L" shape.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I would assume stage left is how we use a camera from the back or GG side. Same as cars.
    For cars, the convention that I am familure with is to devide the car down the middle and refer to the side with steering the wheel as the "DRIVER'S SIDE"while the opposite side is called the "PASSENGER'S SIDE" , or sometimes merely"SHOTGUN!"
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    For cars, the convention that I am familure with is to devide the car down the middle and refer to the side with steering the wheel as the "DRIVER'S SIDE"while the opposite side is called the "PASSENGER'S SIDE" , or sometimes merely"SHOTGUN!"
    Having driven both sides, most auto industry experts use my description. Check in Bosch Automotive Handbook, 9th Edition.

It's all very logical. Amazing book. Too bad photography doesn't have a reference as complete.
    Tin Can

Really? "Stage Left" for cars?

While at sea, the Port Side is on the left when facing the bow of the vessel. .One may have to do the arms-out-look-for-the-L thing first. There is also a thing they do at sea with red and green lights that I can never get straight though

How do the Astronauts do it in space?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

lights at sea: red right returning

I think that refers to the color of the bueys marking the boundries of the channel. Is it the same for the vessel? what side are the lights on the boat when going out?

OK, all this jacking-around is less fun than it was. I AM SORRY FOR MY CONTRIBUTIONS TO HIJACJING THIS THREAD. Can we get back to photography now?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

I think that refers to the color of the bueys marking the boundries of the channel. Is it the same for the vessel? what side are the lights on the boat when going out?

OK, all this jacking-around is less fun than it was. I AM SORRY FOR MY CONTRIBUTIONS TO HIJACJING THIS THREAD. Can we get back to photography now?
    Ah,ha Drew. So you've come to see the folly of your off hand, or should we say left handed humor. Guilty of hijacking dull moments with comedy.

Back to Photography with the TW. Over the Thanksgivings holiday I went to Portia Penasco, (Rocky Point), Mexico. My wife and I stayed in a B&B at shores edge, up about 30ft above sea level. We were there to have dinner with relatives & friends and to compete in the "Big Wave Dave's Chile Cook off" a local annual event. I did manage two shore hikes with the TW, (photo attach). I also took along 2 old light meters, my old Konica AS3 to back up and 6 film holders, 3 with ASA 100 & 3 with 400, and my sturdy Gitzo tripod. The rocks were very ruff for hiking on with my monocular vision and poor depth perception. The results are attached below for your or anybody's comments & questions.

Happy trails and best wishes to all for the New Year
    SteveP

Oops, I"m unable to attach. Will try posting to the thread instead of Reply.

The problem with that is that you Americans put the steering wheel on the wrong side!

Steve.