Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Possibly purchasing my late friend's turn key darkroom / studio....

Re: Possibly purchasing my late friend's turn key darkroom / studio....

Hi all,

I have been working on it for a bit now, I think I could get it for 250k and even have an investor but my gut feeling is to let it go and work on finding a proper home instead. On the bright side, I have built up quite a bit of "help" equity and I am picking up the 4550XLG and a few other gems ( 180mm Apo Sironar S ) as payment for lending a hand.

Who knows, it still might pan out but I am ok with it not as I am working on less risky ways to get my self in a better situation, a darkroom on a home is my dream situation, not a place I have to leave home to go print at. I am also figuring out what can be done with my current space to make it at least better in terms of ventilation.
    Last edited by Kodachrome25; 1-Oct-2015 at 07:01.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Hang in there Kodachrome. I do all my processing and printing, color and B&W, in a 1 bedroom urban apartment. Using citric acid for a paper stop and TF5 for a fix eliminates the odors. C-41 and E-6 are processed with a Jobo so no odor there. Sulphide toners are mixed and used on the patio. Alternative prints are exposed with the sun/shade.

Thomas

So as a final update to this thread I have decided to pass on getting the space for now. The price is right but the timing is not, my wife and I still need to buy a home so we will continue on saving up for that and I will have to continue to work within the limitations of my current space.

However, not all is lost. Because of the work I have put into it with his long time friend, I am getting a *lot* of great equipment either for free or darn near so. Our local photo program is also involved so things are not being tossed to the curb either.

While it sure would have been nice to get the space I will have to keep playing the waiting game and make due.