Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Montreal

Re: Montreal

compared to Toronto and area drivers, I like Montreal traffic better. I find the drivers have a more European sensibility when behind the wheel. It may appear to be bedlam but everyone has a feel for what other drivers will do. In Toronto, it's a crapshoot as many drivers simply have no clue. No right on reds does suck tho.

and hit the Mile End for great bagels (Fairmount get my nod)
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

i am in Montreal last 9 years its really nice place to be but hard place to earn money, specially when you are in visual arts...
    @ Oren Grad place you talk about is also known as Mike's. Owner is a really nice fellow and he actually shoots and shoots 4x5
    @ Tim Meisburger its really cool that McGill and UCAM Universities still have running foto labs for students and non student who pay 25$ a year. i find it really nice that they offer this to kids, to have fully functional photochemical laboratory to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by cikaziva View Post
    ...McGill and UCAM Universities still have running foto labs for students and non student who pay 25$ a year...
    McGill has darkrooms for non students ? How did I not know this ? Would be great to process film on the road if this is still available.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

@ Fred L : lab is bit run down but still working. its located in basement of Student building, on a main campus. chemistry is fresh and there is a lot of BW stuff. they have two 4x5 beselers but everything is dirty and misaligned. as for a film processing there are several rubber tanks with frames, 3010 and bunch of metal tanks... nothing to write home about but when you are a kid its rally more then bunch of us had. i will dig out contact for person in charge BTW i think he is a forum member as well. if you are in MTL and you want to process 4x5 stop by my place