Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jobo 3025 vs Catlabs CL81 vs whatever else is out there for 8x10 daylight dev

Re: Jobo 3025 vs Catlabs CL81 vs whatever else is out there for 8x10 daylight dev

Quote Originally Posted by axs810 View Post
    How big is the Jobo 3005? Would I be able to develop film by rolling it on a table or would I need to buy a motorized base? If I would need a motorized base could someone point me to one that would work well with the Jobo 3005?
    You can use the Jobo 1509 or something like this: Attachment 137332

Also, I've never used Jobo tanks (only stainless steel)...I'm a little confused on how the tank fills up when there are 4-5 barrels for the film to sit in. Do they fill up evenly? Are there ever any problems with one or two barrels not getting enough chemistry in them?[/QUOTE]

Aside from the several folks who commented above to say Expert drums are excellent, you can deduce they work well even without understanding exactly how (though google will answer that question for you if you ask it), a great MANY thousands of others will also say the same over the past 20+ years since these have been around.

Re: Jobo 3025 vs Catlabs CL81 vs whatever else is out there for 8x10 daylight dev

I've seen that video but I don't have a Jobo processor so I don't know if it would fill up the same when I do it by hand. If I pour the chemicals in like I would if it were a stainless steel tank would the 4-5 barrels fill up evenly? From the video it kind of looks as though one barrel always has more chemistry than the others...once the chemistry is poured in from the top do the chemicals stay inside the barrels or do they mix during agitation? (I couldn't tell from the video)

If you really wanted, you could use a flexible funnel to fill it while it is on its side and rolling.
    There is always more liquid in the tube at the bottom, but as you are rolling the tank the chemicals are evenly and randomly distributed.
    Without opening the dreadful (and somewhat silly) debate about fill time, i can say from personal (as other might), and commercial experience, these work, with or without a machine, and will blow away any other processing method (with a simple coca cola densitometer test) including the best refrema, tray or other gadget out there. Thats why they cost big bucks. There is nothing to compare. That and the fact it takes many human hours to make one of these.

I don't shoot that much 8x10 either, and I have found the Unicolor print drum to be satisfactory. As others have mentioned, you can do only one sheet, but it is still easier for me than trying to completely darken my bathroom. I have three of these print drums, so I can up the production a bit.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    If you really wanted, you could use a flexible funnel to fill it while it is on its side and rolling.
    There is always more liquid in the tube at the bottom, but as you are rolling the tank the chemicals are evenly and randomly distributed.
    Without opening the dreadful (and somewhat silly) debate about fill time, i can say from personal (as other might), and commercial experience, these work, with or without a machine, and will blow away any other processing method (with a simple coca cola densitometer test) including the best refrema, tray or other gadget out there. Thats why they cost big bucks. There is nothing to compare. That and the fact it takes many human hours to make one of these.

I'm less worried about fill time and more concerned about each sheet of film getting enough chemicals. So with the jobo tanks I would need constant agitation to keep the chemical levels in each tube "even"?

How big is the Jobo 3005?

I'm less worried about fill time and more concerned about each sheet of film getting enough chemicals. So with the jobo tanks I would need constant agitation to keep the chemical levels in each tube "even"?

How big is the Jobo 3005?
    Yes rotary drums need constant rotation to keep even development, this is true of all rotary tanks not just jobo 30004/3005.

Just get one, there's a somewhat cracked 3005 that's been repaired by a lab on eBay right now for $299

I won't buy that one personally but I'm anal and that one appears to be the older version without Roman numerals above each sleeve, I'm sure it works fine, but all mine have the numbers and I want them to match. Lol.

Just trust us, you won't regret getting one.

I'm going to get a Jobo 3005. Sounds like that one would best suit what I am looking for.

How big is the Jobo 3005? The one on ebay says it's 18inch x 8inch is it really that big???

I'm going to get a Jobo 3005. Sounds like that one would best suit what I am looking for.

How big is the Jobo 3005? The one on ebay says it's 18inch x 8inch is it really that big???
    Yes

What does the inside of a Jobo 2830 look like? If I were to buy one of these too is there anything else I would need to buy along with the drum for 8x10 film developing?

Are any that are on ebay right now worth picking up?

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

You would need two print seperators to keep the sheets separate. Threse are little cylinders that slide on the tanks ridges to keep the prints, or in this case the negatives separate.

Thomas