Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: a survey

a survey

Hello Austin-

Glad you made the sacrifice. You, and photography, may be the better for it. Congratulations and best wishes for the expanding family.

Regards,

Merg

a survey

I had two reasons for asking this question:

1.) Satisfying my curiousity and either confirming or disproving my suspicion. (It was confirmed -- less and less new LF gear is sold every year.)

2.) To point ou the incredibly small market for new large format equipment. Crunch what you find here any way you like.

Someone asked if I was running this survey on other forums. No, but you are welcome to. I suspect that most people who participate in the other forums also participate here, and besides this is the best place I've found for serious LF discussions.

a survey

Now wait a second. You didn't ask how much new equipment was bought in the past so how can you confirm less was sold? Did you ask the same question last year?

Considering the lifespan of LF equipment I'm suprised just how much new equipment was bought.

a survey

Ellis,

Your assumptions may well be right, but your method is flawed. What in the world makes you think I'd tell you what I spent on LF gear this year? How many people aren't responding, for a number of fairly obvious reasons? This survey isn't off by 10 or 20%. It's off by ten fold, a hundred fold. Frankly, it's dumb.

I will take this opportunity to thank you sincerely for your contributions here and on other forums. I've learned a great deal from you experience and expertise. That's no b.s., but your survey most certainly is.

Mac

a survey

I don't think Ellis had any motive other than curiousity and a desire to create an interesting thread that may help us reflect on our expensive hobby-lifestyle choices.

One thing I draw from it is how much larger the hardgoods cost are over the softgoods. May we all start shooting more and buying gear less!

But, no, I don't expect a survey like this to be at all useful. It's just a way to get to know each other better on this (excellent) online community.