Thread: Has anyone had Steve Hopf make some ground glass for them in the past few months ?

Has anyone had Steve Hopf make some ground glass for them in the past few months ?

Been trying for a few days to order some GG from him to replace a broken one . Hear great stuff about his glass and service .
    maybe he's just on vacation or shooting a project ?

Re: Has anyone had Steve Hopf make some ground glass for them in the past few months

Yes he is . Highly recommended . Here's the link .
    http://www.hopfglass.com

Dave Karp

Re: Has anyone had Steve Hopf make some ground glass for them in the past few months

He made ground glasses for me. He was very responsive. The GGs were quite good.

I ordered a GG from the "new" Deardorff about a year ago +. Took a while to receive it because Deardorff was "out of stock".

After a long wait and a few calls, a package arrived weeks later with Steve Hopf's name and return address.

The glass was very carefully packaged and beautifully made. Hopf makes a quality product and for direct orders, offers several options in types of glass.
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

Dave Karp

I recommend borosilicate.

I ordered a borosilicate ground glass from him not too long ago...very good transaction. If you can't reach him via email then maybe he is on vacation?

funkadelic

This is Independece Day weekend here in the US. Many people here take off for a few additional days, sometimes the whole week, to spend time with family and friends or just get away.